Whether you’re just settling down with a cup of Joe, heating up last night’s leftovers to eat at your desk or still lying in bed, this is the video you need to watch to put your day on the right track.
The adorable “Pep Talk from a Kid President” has been making its rounds on the Web since the middle of last week and has gone viral with more than 2.7 million hits as of the time of this posting.
To get the most out of the pep talk, you really should watch the full 3 minutes and 28 seconds of it, but we’ve pulled out a few of our favorite quotes to give you a teaser:
- “The world needs you to stop being boring.”
- “You’re gooder than that.”
- “A poem: ‘two roads diverged in the woods…and I took the road less traveled. And it hurt, man!’ Really bad. Rocks. Thorns. And glass. My pants broke. Not cool Robert Frost!”
- “Don’t stop believing, unless your dream is stupid. Then you should get a better dream.”
- “What if Michael Jordan had quit [...] before that in high school? What if he quit when he didn’t make the team? He would have never made ‘Space Jam’.”
- “We can cry about it, or we can dance about it.”
Get jazzed up by watching the “kid president” yourself:
The unnamed Kid President series is part of the YouTube channel soulpancake, which was created by actor Rainn Wilson (a.k.a. Dwight) from “The Office.” In fact, Kid President interviewed Wilson last year on the channel:
The Kid President has several other videos on YouTube but none have gotten the viral traction like that of as his latest pep talk.