Horrifying Video Captures Man Chasing and Beating His Ex-Girlfriend in Ohio Courtroom — Who Was There to File a Protective Order!
A woman seeking a civil protection order against her ex-boyfriend in Ohio was attacked in the courtroom when the magistrate briefly left to take care of paperwork. And video captured it all.
The victim was shoved to the floor and punched several times before the suspect was shocked with a Taser by a bailiff who is also a special deputy for the Summit County Sheriff’s Department.
Inspector Bill Holland said the attack happened on the afternoon of Jan. 25 after Magistrate Tracy Stoner left the courtroom to check on warrants for [suspects] Rashad Greene.
On the video, Greene appears to be agitated and is seen pounding his hands on a table. Suddenly, he jumps up from his seat and begins chasing his girlfriend around the table as chairs are knocked over.
The victim tripped and fell to the ground. Moments later, she stood up, but is almost immediately slammed back to the ground by Greene, whose grandmother is also seen on the video unsuccessfully trying to get in between the couple.
The deputy, who had seen the altercation on a video monitor outside of the courtroom, raced into the room seconds later and used his Taser to shock Greene who was still attacking the woman. [Emphasis added]
Here’s how the frightening scene played out in the Summit County Domestic Relations Court:
The victim, while happy to have no lasting injuries, is upset that she was left alone with the man in the first place.
“I went there, I told [the magistrate] I was in fear for my life and that I had children to take care of,” she said. “Once the judge walked out, I was in fear.”
The woman, whose name has not been disclosed, added: “He could have choked me out. He could have took any type of object and stabbed me anywhere with it. I was just thinking of my life.”
Thankfully, Magistrate Tracy Stoner has already granted the unnamed woman a civil protection order against her 30-year-old ex, which means he must stay 1,000 feet away from her and cannot make any attempt to contact or harass her for 5 years.
The woman was treated for bumps and bruises at a hospital, and the court ordered Greene to serve 30 days in jail for courtroom assault.
“We’re really looking at what happened and what we can put in place in the future to sort of safeguard everyone,” the court’s community outreach director commented. “This is the first time this has happened. We do thousands of hearings every year.”
Watch the stunning video of the attack via Ohio.com, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 492 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 477 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 466 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 375 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 311 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 157 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 266 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 113 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 113 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Just a photo of Al Sharpton smiling in an African dashiki
- ‘Big gas savings’: Kmart’s marketing gurus strike again
- Does CNN want to keep Piers Morgan around?
- Permit requirements shut down another kid’s lemonade stand — but it’s not what you think
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Oil tracks gains in stocks, erases early losses
- West Bank and romance prominent in 'Omar'
- 87-year-old woman loses to Trump in civil case
- Dissidents find 'Cuba outside Cuba' in Miami
- New Victory Theater offers Bob Marley, Shakespeare
- Q&A: What is known about London attack
- Clashes in Lebanon feed fear of Syria spillover
- Anti-war protester shouts at Obama during speech