Are Ruby Ridge & Waco Tragedies Examples of ‘Out-of-Control Government?
Ruby Ridge was a remote site in northern Idaho where a deadly stand-off between Randy Weaver, his family and friends, and U.S. Federal agents took place in 1992. The confrontation ended in the death of Weaver’s son, his wife, and Deputy Marshal William Francis Degan.
On his Wednesday evening broadcast, Glenn Beck used the bloodshed at Ruby Ridge and later Waco, to showcase how even Republicans, who are supposedly in favor of greater personal freedom, have been at the forefront of policies that encroach on those very rights.
Weaver, a U.S. Army combat engineer, moved his family to 20 acres of remote land in Iowa in the 1980s in order to home-school his children and better survive what he and his wife believed would be a cataclysmic event marking the end of days. Weaver himself also had ties to the Aryan Nations, which was under investigation by the ATF at the time.
While Beck condemned Weaver’s involvement at any level with the Aryan Nation, he noted that it did not excuse the way federal agents abused their power and conducted themselves at Ruby Ridge.
“New rules of engagement were drawn up specifically for Ruby Ridge,” Beck noted. Those new rules allegedly included allowing federal agents to use deadly force against the Weavers even if they posed no immediate threat. Beck also said that “weak gun charges” were all it really took for Feds to have the excuse the needed to close in on the Weavers.
The incident at Ruby Ridge is similar to Waco and has served as the basis for how federal agencies view and handle potential threats from purported “homegrown militias.”
Of course the massacre at Waco needs no introduction. It was spawned, according to Beck, by a “fringe belief” and a “weak gun charge” that ultimately led federal agencies to overstep their bounds.
Despite Weaver’s and David Koresh’s bizarre, even dangerous beliefs, were laws actually broken and did they warrant the carnage that ensued? Watch below:
Beck also brought in experts Chuck Hustmyre and Tim Lynch to discuss the details of both Ruby Ridge and Waco.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 532 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 468 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 459 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 345 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 326 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- ECB official: New bank authority 'indispensable'
- Taliban rickshaw bomb kills 13 in Pakistan
- Bronx 'ghetto' tours stop amid residents' outrage
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- 25 killed in 2 simultaneous car bombs in Niger
- Japanese man, 80, oldest to top Everest _ for now
- Malaysian charged with sedition, 3 more arrested
- Report: Rafsanjani blasts Iran's rulers