Jay Carney Had Absolutely No Idea How to Answer This Question
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney fielded a seriously loaded question on Wednesday about the moral decline of America, religious liberties that come from Jesus and the Declaration of Independence. Honestly, even if the White House really wanted to answer the long-winded question, it would likely require a very lengthy discussion due to the complexity of the issue.
When Dr. Anthony Harper of the InterMountain Christian News got his chance to ask Carney his question, this is what he went with:
“Regarding religious liberty faith issues, a lot of Christian churches want to know about how this relates to the problems we’re going through as a nation economically and otherwise, that would believe that our religious faith liberties — faith and religious liberties and life come from Jesus, not man.”
“I’m sorry, is — I didn’t get the question,” Carney replied, a little perplexed.
“Oh, I’ll rephrase that,” the reporter said. “Basically, the Christian churches in our nation are concerned about the moral decline in our nation and how faith and religious liberty issues and life are crucial, from the Declaration of Independence, and how that they would believe that our rights come from Jesus, not men. How would the administration respond to that?”
Carney didn’t provide and official “administration response” to the question, but he did humor the InterMountain Christian News reporter.
“I would tell you that the President, as a man of faith, believes very deeply in the importance that it plays in his life and understands clearly the importance it plays in the lives of so many millions of Americans,” he said.
Watch the video of the interaction below (video will start at relevant mark):
Harper is apparently a regular member of the White House Media Pool.
“As a member of the White House Media Pool, I am thankful to GOD for the opportunity to attend White House conferences,” Harper writes on the InterMountain Christian News website. “Christians need a prominent voice with our president and other national leadership.”
IMCN is a faith-based bi-monthly publication available throughout the “Intermountain region” of Colorado, southern Idaho, Montana, northern Nevada, eastern Oregon, Utah and Wyoming, according to the publication’s website. It relies on both paid advertising and donations to cover operation costs.
Featured image via AP. This story has been updated.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,036 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 436 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 312 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 252 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 149 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 224 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 106 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Maine man charged in death of missing teen
- Weak yen a help for Japan, but headache elsewhere
- Portland, Ore., rejecting water fluoridation
- Conn. rail service returning to normal
- Hosseini discusses new novel at NYC reading
- Young objector challenges Israeli army
- Egypt: 7 security men kidnapped in Sinai freed
- Garcetti holds slim lead as LA picks new mayor