Masked Gunman Flees Home Invasion After Women Begin Chanting Jesus’ Name: ‘Get Out of My House in the Name of Jesus!’
Derick Lee, a 24-year-old alleged home invader, was in for a surprise when he purportedly crashed a Premiere Jewelry party that Jacquie Hagler was hosting in her Lake City, Fla., residence on Friday. Rather than scaring the 14 to 18 women he encountered into giving him their money and personal items, it was Lee who ended up fleeing the scene after attendees began chanting “Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!”
Upon entering the room, the young man, wearing dark clothing, a bandana and a ski mask, allegedly pointed a handgun at the women and demanded that they give him cash as well as their phones. Despite this horrifying display, one attendee assumed that the spectacle was a joke; she pushed the gun away and said, “It’s only a water pistol.”
However, when Lee showed the women that the gun had very real bullets, they began to take him seriously, realizing the seriousness of the situation before them. But rather than cowering in the face of fear, Hagler stood up and courageously commanded that Lee leave her home.
“The boldness of the Lord came up in me,” she said. “I stood up and I just pointed to the door that he’d came in from. I said, ‘Get out of my house in the name of Jesus.’”
WTXL-TV has more about the situation:
Despite her plea, Lee allegedly threatened the women again, but they weren’t planning on backing down. The attendees began shouting Jesus’ name and, oddly, Lee purportedly responded by looking around the room in terror — and then he fled.
Hagler is convinced that invoking the Lord’s name provided heavenly assistance that ended up keeping the women safe.
“I promise you, I believe he saw angels. I think he saw who was on our side, and he just turned around,” she explained. “The look on his face was just, like, astonishment. He was totally captivated by whatever he saw. He just turned around and ran out the door.”
Donna Bowen, an attendee who was at the party with her 14-year-old daughter, confirmed these events and noted that God’s involvement helped save the women.
“You knew that God’s hand…He was in there,” explained Bowen. “It could have went so differently.”
Lee was also accused of trying to rob a 62-year-old women at a Bank of America ATM later that same evening. He allegedly ran off during this incident as well when the woman started to scream. Both those at Hagler’s party and the women at the bank identified Lee and the suspect was traced back to his father’s home; he has been booked at the Colombia County Detention Center, where he is being held on $200,000 bond.
As for Hagler, she is hoping that Lee will become a Christian and turn his life around.
(H/T: Christian Post)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 478 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 403 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 350 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 330 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 290 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 203 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 109 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 146 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 109 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Flooding forces evacuation of 1,300 in ND town
- Cannes: Scott Thomas' glorious dip into darkness
- Benghazi review leader OKs meeting with committee
- Cameron: 'Indications' London attack terror
- Weiner launches comeback bid to become NYC mayor
- Arias jury deadlocked but must continue
- Key House chairman slams Senate immigration bill
- Stocks fall on news Fed weighed cutting stimulus