See How New Yorkers Manage to ‘Live Large’ in These Four 350-SqFt (or Less) Apartments
A series on the YouTube channel SPACEStv honed in on four such residents who showed off their small but functional and eclectic digs.
- Suzi West: West lives in a 200-square-foot apartment in Brooklyn. What she doesn’t have inside, she makes up for outside — her backyard is larger than her one-room flat.
Check out the space-saving efficiencies she’s employed to help her live comfortably in her space:
- Michelle James: Living in L.A., James had 1,500 square feet. Now in NYC’s West Village, she only has 311 square feet to her name. But it’s an amount of space she feels she can actually keep up with.
See how James turns things like a fancy dress and her shoes into home decor:
- Michelle Konar: Konar not only lives in her 300-square-foot apartment, she runs her own Etsy shop out of it. She also has an outdoor space –rare for a studio in the city.
Watch how she makes her business and lifestyle work within the space:
- J Michael Moore: Moore might have an advantage for small spaces given that he’s an interior designer. He makes the most of his 225-square-foot apartment’s high ceilings with a custom-built sleeping loft (above his kitchen) and by keeping everything movable. Moore purposely kept patterns out of his space, focusing on block colors instead.
Check out the fiery orange-red he pained his apartment:
- NYC Planners Turn Toward Tiny, ‘Micro-Unit’ Dwellings (Bonus 1-Square-Meter House)
- Two People Work From Home and Live in This Tiny NYC Apartment That Unfolds Like a Swiss Army Knife
- Find Out How This Millionaire & Tech-Tinkerer Transformed a 420-Square-Foot Apartment Into 1,100-Square-Feet Worth of Space
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 499 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 461 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 454 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 339 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 323 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ Read More
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 185 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? 123 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- Venezuela to create new workers militia
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- 6 Wyeth paintings fetch $2M at NYC auction
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Ruby says her sworn statements were lies
- Barrick fined $16m for Pascua-Lama violations
- Roger Federer, always at Grand Slam tournaments
- Some unions now angry about health care overhaul