Piers Morgan Claims Armed Guard Was Not Able to Stop Atlanta School Shooting
An armed guard successfully disarmed a 14-year-old shooter who had opened fire at an Atlanta middle school on Thursday. Thanks to the courageous off-duty school resource officer, only one student was shot and no one was killed.
Yet CNN host Piers Morgan on Friday argued that the armed guard, an unidentified off-duty Atlanta police officer, “was NOT able to stop” the Atlanta school shooting, apparently because the teen shooter was able to shoot just one student before he was stopped.
“REVEALED: Armed guard was NOT able to stop Atlanta school shooting,” Morgan posted via his official Twitter account. He then linked to a story with a headline that completely contradicted his questionable claim. “Armed guard disarmed teen in Atlanta school shooting, says police chief,” the headline read.
REVEALED: Armed guard was NOT able to stop Atlanta school shooting – sltrib.com/sltrib/world/5…
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) February 1, 2013
Morgan, a particularly vocal supporter of strict gun control in the U.S., has been against the National Rifle Association’s proposal of putting armed guards in schools across the country from the get-go. It seems that the CNN host was unwilling to admit that armed guards can — and did in this instance — prevent mass school shootings from occurring. There is no telling how tragic Thursday’s shooting could have been had that armed guard not been in the building.
Several Twitter users, including best-selling author Brad Thor, were quick to call out Morgan’s obvious bluff.
— Brad Thor (@BradThor) February 1, 2013
@piersmorgan You seem to have a reading comprehension problem, piers. The armed cop ended the shooting.
— Stephen Gutowski (@collegepolitico) February 1, 2013
@piersmorgan you’re an idiot. Learn to read.
— Amanda Rothstein (@AmandaRothstein) February 1, 2013
— CFLancop (@CFLancop) February 1, 2013
It’s a wonder light escapes the gravity of @piersmorgan‘s stupidity.
— Jason Hart (@jasonahart) February 1, 2013
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 453 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 400 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 361 Comments
- This Could Be the Most Haunting Statistic You’ll Ever See 275 Comments
- Group of Thugs Target Seemingly Defenseless Woman — They Had No Idea She Had Been Frequenting the Gun Range 262 Comments
- Priest Gunned Down by Italian Mobsters Now Beatified Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 169 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 102 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich 105 Comments
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 121 Comments
- ‘My Life Is Full of Blessings’: Flesh-Eating Bacteria Victim Who Lost All Limbs Smiles as She Shows Off New Bionic Hands Read More
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California 134 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- NTSB says Wash. bridge collapse is wake-up call
- Suspected rebels kill 28, wound 24 in east India
- 2 rockets hit Lebanese Hezbollah stronghold
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; 200-plus rescued
- Kerry meets with runners from Boston Marathon
- Report: New controversy at scandal-scarred Rutgers
- Iran fields 'massive' number of missile launchers