UPDATED: Ron Paul Account Tweets Shock Message About Former SEAL Sniper’s Death
Scroll down for an update to this story:
A tweet referring to slain ex-SEAL Chris Kyle from the verified account of former Congressman Ron Paul is causing some serious commotion:
Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that “he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.” Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense
— Ron Paul (@RonPaul) February 4, 2013
The reaction to Paul’s comments from conservatives on Twitter has been both swift and furious:
Ron Paul might want to ask Jesse Ventura what happened last time he ridiculed a dead SEAL.
— Lachlan Markay (@lachlan) February 4, 2013
— Adam Baldwin (@adamsbaldwin) February 4, 2013
This is appalling. twitter.com/RonPaul/status…
— John Podhoretz (@jpodhoretz) February 4, 2013
Maybe we can get some moron, marginal Republican to pour sugar in a single mom’s gas tank for a follow up.
— Sonny Bunch (@SonnyBunch) February 4, 2013
I’m glad I’ve always been in the “Ron Paul needs to STFU” camp, esp. after his tweet about Chris Kyle.
— SFK (@stephenkruiser) February 4, 2013
Grandpa’s talking to the furniture again twitter.com/RonPaul/status…
— David Burge (@iowahawkblog) February 4, 2013
You really are vile. RT @ronpaul: Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that “he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.”
— Rick Wilson (@TheRickWilson) February 4, 2013
— Gabriel Malor (@gabrielmalor) February 4, 2013
Amash’s attacking McCain for joking abt an Iranian dictator and Ron Paul is saying that Kyle’s murder was deserved. Good day for GOP so far!
— Sonny Bunch (@SonnyBunch) February 4, 2013
But, of course, here’s something to keep in mind:
Does @ronpaul run his own Twitter account? Might be a staffer screw up. . .
— Charlie Spiering (@charliespiering) February 4, 2013
Lastly, if you’re wondering about the references to Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.), the Michigan congressman on Monday accused Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) of being a racist because the former GOP presidential candidate jokingly implied that Iranian despot Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a monkey.
UPDATE: It’s looking more and more certain that Ron Paul did, in fact, tweet about Kyle’s death and “dying by the sword.”
“He runs it,” Campaign for Liberty communications director Megan Stiles said of the former congressman’s twitter account, according to BuzzFeed.
The Campaign for Liberty handles all of Paul’s press requests.
“She clarified that Paul started handling his own tweets ‘since he left office,’” the report adds.
UPDATE II: Posting to his Facebook wall, Paul builds on his earlier remarks:
As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend’s violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. -REP
Meanwhile, Paul’s son, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), has seemingly backed away from his father’s controversial comments.
“Chris Kyle was a hero like all Americans who don the uniform to defend our country. Our prayers are with his family during this tragic time,” the senator from Kentucky said in a statement obtained by Breitbart News.
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdaams) on Twitter
Featured image courtesy Getty Images.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 519 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 464 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 447 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 330 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 258 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 146 Comments
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Solar plane completes 2nd leg of trip in Texas
- Czech police seek US man suspected of 4 murders
- 5 dead in Lebanon clash of Assad foes, backers
- Japan gyrations underline economy's vulnerability
- US equities sell-off goes on; futures slump
- Q&A: What is known about London attack
- Brave woman tried to reason with London attackers
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival