UPDATED: Ron Paul Account Tweets Shock Message About Former SEAL Sniper’s Death
Scroll down for an update to this story:
A tweet referring to slain ex-SEAL Chris Kyle from the verified account of former Congressman Ron Paul is causing some serious commotion:
Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that “he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.” Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense
— Ron Paul (@RonPaul) February 4, 2013
The reaction to Paul’s comments from conservatives on Twitter has been both swift and furious:
Ron Paul might want to ask Jesse Ventura what happened last time he ridiculed a dead SEAL.
— Lachlan Markay (@lachlan) February 4, 2013
— Adam Baldwin (@adamsbaldwin) February 4, 2013
This is appalling. twitter.com/RonPaul/status…
— John Podhoretz (@jpodhoretz) February 4, 2013
Maybe we can get some moron, marginal Republican to pour sugar in a single mom’s gas tank for a follow up.
— Sonny Bunch (@SonnyBunch) February 4, 2013
I’m glad I’ve always been in the “Ron Paul needs to STFU” camp, esp. after his tweet about Chris Kyle.
— SFK (@stephenkruiser) February 4, 2013
Grandpa’s talking to the furniture again twitter.com/RonPaul/status…
— David Burge (@iowahawkblog) February 4, 2013
You really are vile. RT @ronpaul: Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that “he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.”
— Rick Wilson (@TheRickWilson) February 4, 2013
— Gabriel Malor (@gabrielmalor) February 4, 2013
Amash’s attacking McCain for joking abt an Iranian dictator and Ron Paul is saying that Kyle’s murder was deserved. Good day for GOP so far!
— Sonny Bunch (@SonnyBunch) February 4, 2013
But, of course, here’s something to keep in mind:
Does @ronpaul run his own Twitter account? Might be a staffer screw up. . .
— Charlie Spiering (@charliespiering) February 4, 2013
Lastly, if you’re wondering about the references to Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.), the Michigan congressman on Monday accused Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) of being a racist because the former GOP presidential candidate jokingly implied that Iranian despot Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a monkey.
UPDATE: It’s looking more and more certain that Ron Paul did, in fact, tweet about Kyle’s death and “dying by the sword.”
“He runs it,” Campaign for Liberty communications director Megan Stiles said of the former congressman’s twitter account, according to BuzzFeed.
The Campaign for Liberty handles all of Paul’s press requests.
“She clarified that Paul started handling his own tweets ‘since he left office,’” the report adds.
UPDATE II: Posting to his Facebook wall, Paul builds on his earlier remarks:
As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend’s violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. -REP
Meanwhile, Paul’s son, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), has seemingly backed away from his father’s controversial comments.
“Chris Kyle was a hero like all Americans who don the uniform to defend our country. Our prayers are with his family during this tragic time,” the senator from Kentucky said in a statement obtained by Breitbart News.
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdaams) on Twitter
Featured image courtesy Getty Images.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 600 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 523 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 412 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 342 Comments
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 299 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 297 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 154 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 101 Comments
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- UK zookeeper dies from tiger attack injuries
- Saudi Arabia warns against Iran's nuclear program
- Nico Rosberg takes pole position for Monaco GP
- David Beckham's soccer career officially over
- 2-child limit for Muslims in parts of Myanmar
- Syria regime unleashes artillery barrage on Qusair
- Balloons bring smiles in war-weary Afghan capital
- A list of previous Palme d'Or winners at Cannes