Ann Coulter Delivers Dire Gun Warning: Universal Background Checks Could Lead to ‘Universal Confiscation, Universal Extermination’ of Firearms
Commentator Ann Coulter appeared on “Hannity” last night, issuing a dire warning to the American people about universal background checks, a provision currently being touted by gun control advocates. Rather than embracing the proposal, Coulter warned that it could lead to “universal confiscation” and, ultimately, “universal extermination” of firearms.
After speaking briefly with host Sean Hannity about the much-discussed photograph of President Barack Obama skeet shooting, the columnist noted that the president misses the point on the Second Amendment (i.e. the purpose of the constitutional right isn’t so citizens can go skeet shooting; it allows Americans to protect themselves).
“I’m waiting for photos of him taking birth control pills to show him fighting the war on women,” Coulter quipped.
On the gun control front, she gave a passionate speech about how the real problem is mental illness, accusing the left of skirting that issue and embracing firearms control measures that may do little to actually solve the problem. Of particular note, she focused upon universal background checks, launching into claims that implementing them would be potentially-dangerous for Second Amendment rights. Here’s what she said:
“The problem with universal background checks is, we basically have universal background checks now. Any licensed gun dealer is performing a background check. The buyer may not know, someone at a gun show may not know, but if you’re walking through a gun show, everybody’s doing background checks. The only people who are not subjected to a background checks are collectors giving guns to their sons or they’re selling one to their brother-in-law or something. The only way to enforce universal — the last .1 percent of guns that are transferred by collectors and so on — is to have universal gun registration.”
It is here that Coulter noted that U.S. citizens could fall victim to a slippery slope of gun control regulations, inevitably culminating in a loss of the right to bear arms.
“Universal background check means universal registration. Universal registration means universal confiscation, universal extermination,” she continued. “That’s how it goes in history. Do not fall for universal background checks.”
Coulter also went on to lambaste the notion that a gun in the home “is more likely to be used against the owner than to kill an intruder,” something that is sometimes touted by those seeking greater gun restrictions.
“This is a lie they are telling you in order to prevent Americans from self-defense, from protecting themselves so that only the government has a monopoly on guns,” she said of other claims against guns being perpetuated in media.
Watch Coulter’s fiery defense of the Second Amendment, below:
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 492 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 476 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 466 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 375 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 310 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 156 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 263 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 113 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 112 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Just a photo of Al Sharpton smiling in an African dashiki
- ‘Big gas savings’: Kmart’s marketing gurus strike again
- Does CNN want to keep Piers Morgan around?
- Permit requirements shut down another kid’s lemonade stand — but it’s not what you think
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Oil tracks gains in stocks, erases early losses
- West Bank and romance prominent in 'Omar'
- 87-year-old woman loses to Trump in civil case
- Dissidents find 'Cuba outside Cuba' in Miami
- New Victory Theater offers Bob Marley, Shakespeare
- Q&A: What is known about London attack
- Clashes in Lebanon feed fear of Syria spillover
- Anti-war protester shouts at Obama during speech