Mercury One Charity Raises More Than $100K (and Nearly $80k in a Few Hours) in Honor of Chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield
On Monday, Glenn Beck’s charitable organization, Mercury One, began taking donations for those wishing to honor Navy SEAL Chris Kyle and his friend Chad Littlefield, who police say were killed by Marine reservist Eddie Routh on Saturday while at a Texas shooting range.
During Beck’s radio show Tuesday morning, about $40,000 had been raised, but within just a couple hours of the show ending that total jumped to more than $100,000.
“We are grateful to help play a very small role in this effort,” Mercury One President Joe Kerry said in an email to TheBlaze. “The individuals donating are the ones making a difference. They are the heroes.”
By 2 p.m. EST nearly 2,000 donations on Mercury One for Chris Kyle and his foundation FITCO Cares totaled more $118, 890. The top anonymous donor sent in $5,000.
The spike in donations, Kerry said, was thanks to Beck reaching out to his audience on the radio Tuesday.
“Glenn’s passion and emotion came straight from his heart and his audience responded,” Kerry said, noting that 100 percent of all monies donated to this effort will be passed along. “Nothing is going to administrative or overhead.”
Due to the generosity of donors, the initial goal set by Mercury One was raised to $500,000.
“Our goal was $50,000. And that was because Mercury One was making a donation of $25k to the Chris Kyle Memorial Fund and$25k to the family of Chad Littlefield,” Kerry said. “These donations are in addition to the $50k we thought we would raise. Our goal was to raise $50k and donate $50k directly from Mercury One. We’re well beyond that now.”
The fundraising effort with a new goal of $500,000 will continue until Monday, Feb. 11.
If you would like to donate, visit Mercury One here.
To donate by mail:
PO Box 140489
Irving, TX 75014
Make checks payable to Mercury one but in the memo field please write “Chris Kyle Fund.”
Update: By 8 a.m. EST Wednesday, Mercury One was 43 percent of its goal, raising $216,542 from more than 3,000 donors.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 478 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 410 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 357 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 330 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 290 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 100 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 208 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 131 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 146 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 109 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Flooding forces evacuation of 1,300 in ND town
- Cannes: Scott Thomas' glorious dip into darkness
- Benghazi review leader OKs meeting with committee
- Cameron: 'Indications' London attack terror
- Weiner launches comeback bid to become NYC mayor
- Arias jury deadlocked but must continue
- Key House chairman slams Senate immigration bill
- Stocks fall on news Fed weighed cutting stimulus