Obama’s Chief Speechwriter Quits White House
Jon Favreau, the speechwriter described by President Obama as his “mind reader” and one of the youngest chief presidential speechwriters in recent memory, will be leaving the White House next month to work as a screenwriter.
The Washington Post reports:
We confirmed, via our colleague Chris Cillizza, who got it from a senior White House official, a Los Angeles Times report Tuesday that Favreau is leaving his job March 1, maybe to do some screenwriting, though he’ll be staying in the D.C. area.
We wrote back Dec. 4 that the White House buzz was that Favreau was heading out soon, likely after the inauguration. Then in January, we reported that his deputy, Cody Keenan, one of the original team of Obama speechwriters, was likely to succeed him, which is the case.
Keenan, the Times reported, is taking the lead in writing the State of the Union address Obama is to deliver next week.[...]
Even in the “no drama Obama” White House, Favreau became something of celebrity in town, being named by People one of the world’s most beautiful people. Didn’t hurt that he also dated actress Rashida Jones, the daughter of Quincy Jones and Peggy Lipton.
While there was that shirtless beer pong incident in a Georgetown bar in 2010 and a long profile in GQ in June 2011, Favreau’s seemed a bit more low-key of late.
So with the man who crafted “Yes, we can” leaving the White House, what will the President’s speeches end up sounding like? Time will tell.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 470 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 423 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 391 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 381 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 112 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 210 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 142 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 105 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 129 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Colonial member Palmer has 1st-round lead with 62
- Rangers top Bruins in OT, force Game 5 in Boston
- Blackhawks hope to rally from 3-1 series deficit
- Safe room mandates remain rare in tornado states
- Turkey passes bill restricting alcohol sales, ads
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge
- Earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys