Restaurant Employee on ‘Undercover Boss’ Show Admits He Hates Customers, Gets Immediately Fired
Let this be a lesson: Even if you believe it, even if you don’t like customers, keep it professional and keep it to yourself.
During a taping of the CBS hit show “Undercover Boss,” a reality program where top execs and CEOs go undercover to see what it’s like to work for their company, a supervisor at a Duluth, Ga., Boston Market decided to tell his “co-worker” all about his deep-seated hatred of customers.
But here’s the thing: His “co-worker” turned out to be Sara Bittorf, Chief Brand Officer of Boston Market. As you can imagine, the exchange between the supervisor, Ronnie, and Bittorf didn’t end well.
Posing as waitress named Rachel Rand who was being filmed in a reality show for a chance to open her own diner, Bittorf in an episode that aired on Feb. 1 was sent to do recon on that particular Boston Market by the company’s CEO.
Everything went well enough as she moved from training session to training session, but things quickly unraveled as Ronnie continually laid into the restaurant’s customers.
“I literally hate customers more than anything in the entire world. I hate them so much,” he told Bittorf.
“They’re terrible. It’s all about them all the time and they demand everything,’ he continued, adding that he has to “suffer through” days serving customers.
Now before anyone jumps to his defense, keep in mind he knows full well that there are cameras recording his every word and that he was told he was being filmed for a reality show about diners. CBS’ “Undercover Boss” or not, should he not have understood that his comments would be heard by more than just his supposed “co-worker” and that they would reflect poorly on the company?
Unsurprisingly, Bittorf was incensed at Ronnie’s complaining.
“My job’s on the line. Here I am a representative of this brand and this is what happens. It can’t happen on my watch,” she said after excusing herself from the training session.
“I can’t have someone who just told me that they hate customers more than anything in the world serving our guests. That’s the complete antithesis of what we stand for,” she adds.
She decided to reveal her identity and had it out with Ronnie.
“Without the guests in there, we don’t have a business and you don’t have a paycheck,” she told him.
But although he looked surprise to learn that she was a company executive, Ronnie didn’t seem to agree with her that his comments were out of line.
“I would tell them my attitude would change but I didn’t think it was that terrible,” he said. “It’s not wrong of me to hate people.”
“They don’t know I’m saying it so it’s not that big a deal but now this giant lady of Boston Market knows what’s going on, that’s just not fair,” he added.
After consulting with the branch manager, it was decided that it’d be best for the company to part ways with the customer-hating employee.
The firing was a first for the CBS reality series. You can watch below:
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdaams) on Twitter
(H/T: Daily Mail). Featured image screen grab.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,036 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 436 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 311 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 251 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 146 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 224 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 106 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Portland, Ore., rejecting water fluoridation
- Anthony Weiner launches NY mayoral bid, seeking to revive political career after tweet scandal
- Trout hits for cycle, drives in 5, Angels rout M's
- Garcetti holds slim lead as LA picks new mayor
- Pakistani cricket star politician leaves hospital
- Japan's central bank says economy picking up
- Oil falls below $96 before Fed chief speaks