‘F***ing Idiot and Hypocrite’: Kim Kardashian Under Fire for Posting Pic of…Glitzy Handgun
Reality television star Kim Kardashian is drawing heavy fire for posting a photo of a jewel-encrusted handgun on Instagram just weeks after signing a pledge to reduce gun violence in honor of the Sandy Hook massacre.
“Today, people in Newtown are making the #sandyhookpromise to reduce gun violence. Sign the pledge with me at http://www.sandyhookpromise.org,” she wrote at the time.
But some are now conflating guns, with gun violence.
Hollywood gossip aficionado Perez Hilton wrote:
Now, Kim has been enjoying the shooting range for years now, and we’re sure she enjoys feeling like she can protect herself. But this was a clear example of a celebrity forgetting the height of their platform, and the social-impacting consequences that can come with it.
Here are a few responses on Twitter (content warning):
Kardashian has since removed the photo, but this isn’t the first time the reality star has posted a gun-related image.
A month before the Sandy Hook shootings, Kardashian apparently shared this picture of herself at a gun range on Twitter:
Kardashian, who is expecting her first child with boyfriend Kanye West this summer, has not yet issued a public response to the controversy. But she’s no stranger to political controversy.
After tweeting that she was “praying for everyone in Israel” during conflict in the region in November, she was called a “disgrace” to her people and told that she is the reason at least one Twitter user wants “to die.”
Some, though, are standing up for Kardashian.
“Kim Kardashian posted a pic of a gun on Instagram & now everyone is all pissed off,” one person tweeted, according to ABC. “I forgot the 2nd amendment didn’t count for celebs.”
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 476 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 444 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 385 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 330 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 323 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 195 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 143 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 108 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Attorney: Donald Trump lied on stand
- Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- NY funeral for student accidentally shot by police
- Amid immigration reform, calls to change asylums
- Cameron: 'Indications' London attack terror
- Redford swept away in shipwreck saga 'All Is Lost'
- Maine man appears in court in missing teen's death
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion