Even if you didn’t watch the Super Bowl, chances are you’ve heard of GoDaddy’s “smart meets sexy” commercial featuring an unbelievably uncomfortable make-out session between Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli and nerdy actor Jesse Heiman.
It was almost universally disliked, coming in dead last on USA Today’s “Ad Meter” results and earning comments like, “I don’t care who wins the game. I just don’t want to see that commercial again, ever.”
But odds are you’ll be seeing more commercials like it, since GoDaddy says it helped them achieve their best day of sales ever.
- Hosting sales jumped 45%.
- Dot-com domain sales rose 40%.
- New mobile customers increased by 35%.
- The company added 10,000 customers in total.
Not only that, Heiman says his dating life has really taken off– though that’s not really all that surprising.
He told TMZ: “I’ve actually had guys tweet me that they wish they were me, and girls tweet me saying they wish they were [Bar Refaeli]…”
He’s also had a couple of real-life girls ask him for pictures.
GoDaddy says the two shot the take 45 times before they could get it right, and two other proposed versions of the commercial were rejected by CBS for being too indecent.
(H/T: Business Insider)
- Look No Further: You Can Re-Watch All the Best Super Bowl Ads Right Here
- Here’s the Bizarre Will Ferrell Super Bowl Ad That You’ll Wish You Never Watched
- Want to See the ‘Dunder Mifflin’ Super Bowl Ad That Only Aired on One TV Station?
From the breaking news you need to know to the hottest trends circling the Web, TheBlaze has it all. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope.