Former Green Bay Packers Cheerleader Gives Amazing Response to Bullies
Former Green Bay Packers cheerleader Kaitlyn Collins didn’t do anything to deserve the relentless taunting and bullying she received at the hands of countless commenters on the Chicago Bears Facebook fan page. But after all, bullies don’t need a reason to be ugly.
The page, which has over 86,000 likes, ran a photo of Collins with the caption: “Like If You Agree The Packers Have The Worst Cheerleaders In The NFL!” The post alone implies there is something wrong with Collins as a cheerleader, but it was nothing compared to the abuse she had to endure. The Packers-Bears rivalry is arguably the most intense in all of the NFL, so things got nasty in a hurry.
Collins decided to stand up to her bullies and posted the following video, calling attention to the fan page, but also calling out many of her attackers by name.
“Doesn’t get any uglier. Truly and eyesore,” one commenter wrote.
“LMAO fugly,” another posted.
“I’d still f**k her, but only from behind on with a paper bag over her head,” a particularly disgusting Facebook user wrote.
To be fair, Collins also expressed gratitude to some Chicago Bears fans who came to her defense.
“That video, a silent spool of signs, is well worth watching. ‘Cyberbullying’ may seem like a media concoction or an overreaction, but to the people who have suffered the words of others, it’s real and it’s painful to the point of real damage,” the Yahoo! Sports blog Shutdown Corner correctly notes.
Eventually the Bears fan page removed the post and asked users to “respect one another and do not bully on this page.” This is, of course, after the page itself implied that Collins represented the “worst cheerleaders in the NFL.”
“We did not see all the posts to take down the Cheerleader pic until today,” the page’s administrators wrote on Thursday. “We get hundreds of messages per day and are not always on here. The issue has been resolved. Please respect one another and do not bully on this page.”
In case you are wondering, the Green Bay Packers haven’t had official cheerleaders since 1988 due mostly to “fan indifference.” Instead, the team allows cheerleaders from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and St. Nortbert College to appear at home games. Collins was a student at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay during the time she cheered for the Packers.
If you think Collins’ stand against bullies was awesome, let her know in the comments section below.
Full disclosure: This author is a diehard Green Bay Packers fan.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 514 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 461 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 445 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 257 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 146 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- UK emergency committee meets after attack
- Simultaneous car bomb attacks in Niger
- Man shot by FBI had spoken with bombing suspect
- Father of Afghanistan cricket captain abducted
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- Oil falls below $93 as China manufacturing weakens
- Crane accident cuts power to one-third of Vietnam