Former Green Bay Packers Cheerleader Gives Amazing Response to Bullies
Former Green Bay Packers cheerleader Kaitlyn Collins didn’t do anything to deserve the relentless taunting and bullying she received at the hands of countless commenters on the Chicago Bears Facebook fan page. But after all, bullies don’t need a reason to be ugly.
The page, which has over 86,000 likes, ran a photo of Collins with the caption: “Like If You Agree The Packers Have The Worst Cheerleaders In The NFL!” The post alone implies there is something wrong with Collins as a cheerleader, but it was nothing compared to the abuse she had to endure. The Packers-Bears rivalry is arguably the most intense in all of the NFL, so things got nasty in a hurry.
Collins decided to stand up to her bullies and posted the following video, calling attention to the fan page, but also calling out many of her attackers by name.
“Doesn’t get any uglier. Truly and eyesore,” one commenter wrote.
“LMAO fugly,” another posted.
“I’d still f**k her, but only from behind on with a paper bag over her head,” a particularly disgusting Facebook user wrote.
To be fair, Collins also expressed gratitude to some Chicago Bears fans who came to her defense.
“That video, a silent spool of signs, is well worth watching. ‘Cyberbullying’ may seem like a media concoction or an overreaction, but to the people who have suffered the words of others, it’s real and it’s painful to the point of real damage,” the Yahoo! Sports blog Shutdown Corner correctly notes.
Eventually the Bears fan page removed the post and asked users to “respect one another and do not bully on this page.” This is, of course, after the page itself implied that Collins represented the “worst cheerleaders in the NFL.”
“We did not see all the posts to take down the Cheerleader pic until today,” the page’s administrators wrote on Thursday. “We get hundreds of messages per day and are not always on here. The issue has been resolved. Please respect one another and do not bully on this page.”
In case you are wondering, the Green Bay Packers haven’t had official cheerleaders since 1988 due mostly to “fan indifference.” Instead, the team allows cheerleaders from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and St. Nortbert College to appear at home games. Collins was a student at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay during the time she cheered for the Packers.
If you think Collins’ stand against bullies was awesome, let her know in the comments section below.
Full disclosure: This author is a diehard Green Bay Packers fan.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 465 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 323 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 283 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 258 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 114 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 195 Comments
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 133 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 105 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 143 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Syrian opposition urges rebels to join key battle
- Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor over Greuel
- Redford swept away in shipwreck saga 'All is Lost'
- UK, Denmark eyes visas for Afghan interpreters
- Official: Treasury played no role in IRS targeting
- Stocks edge higher as investors watch the Fed
- Richard Carrion declares IOC presidential bid