Pat Robertson Wonders: Would Allowing Gays in the Boy Scouts Lead to ‘Predators’ and ‘Pedophiles Who Would Come in as Scoutmasters’?
There’s no doubt that religious broadcaster Pat Robertson has a history of making eyebrow-raising comments. From announcing his belief that atheists are “miserable grinches” to sharing his concerns over adopting foreign children, he’s spawned no shortage of controversy. This week, on his show, “The 700 Club,” Robertson, again, tackled a highly-contentious issue, making statements about gays and the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) that instantly led to intense head-scratching – and furor.
As TheBlaze reported earlier this week, the BSA is currently embroiled in national controversy surrounding the group’s controversial ban on gay members and leaders. Before it was announced that the organization is planning to delay its decision on whether to overturn the ban, Robertson weighed in, noting that the BSA has a profound history of helping young men in America.
While he encouraged the organization to make the decision it deems most appropriate, some of his words led to angst — particularly a question he asked about “predators” and “pedophiles.”
“The question is, are there predators as boy scouts, pedophiles who would come in as scoutmasters?,” Robertson asked. “And if they are, then of course parents wouldn’t want their sons being involved in the Boy Scouts, or their daughters in the Girl Scouts.”
Watch Robertson make these contentious statements, below:
What do you think about the faith leader’s latest commentary? Let us know, below.
(H/T: Huffington Post)
- Pat Robertson Unleashes Christmas Rant: Atheists Are ‘Miserable’ Grinches Who ‘Don’t Like Our Happiness’ & ‘Want to Steal Your Holiday’
- Pat Robertson Tells Husband With Troubled Marriage: ‘You Could Become a Muslim, and You Could Beat Her’ (Poll)
- Pat Robertson Warns Viewers Against Adopting Foreign Children: ‘You Don’t Have to Take on Somebody Else’s Problems’
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 555 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 505 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 480 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 333 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 330 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 217 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 229 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 141 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Calif. plastic ocean debris bill dies in committee
- No bail for Pa. parents in faith-healing death
- Rare Superman comic found in house insulation
- Grizzlies, Memphis ready to 'believe' vs Spurs
- Schumer urges look at security in Sprint deal
- IMF chief named key witness in French payoff case
- Furlough Friday: Unpaid day off for many in gov't