It’s Been a Bad Week for Robbers in Detroit: Concealed Carry Holders Fight Back and Open Fire
Twice this week robbers in Detroit were shot by concealed carry holders who refused to be victims.
On Thursday night, a pair of teenagers approached two utility workers with the intention of robbing them. What the criminals didn’t know is one of the workers was a concealed carry holder. He pulled out his handgun and shot both teens, injuring them — one crucially and the other seriously.
“He’s protecting himself. I mean, he’s licensed to carry a concealed weapon, you know, so he knows what he’s doing,” said Denzel Williams, who heard the gun shots from a distance.
Last Friday, a high school basketball coach was walking two female players to their cars after practice when they were approached by two teen boys. The teenagers “announced a holdup” and grabbed the coach by his chain necklace and stuck something in his chest, WXYZ-TV reports. Police did not reveal if it was a gun.
After struggling with the teens for a period of time, the coach is able to get some distance between himself and his attackers. The 70-year-old coach then pulled out his concealed handgun and fired at the robbers, hitting both of them, one of them fatally.
Police say 16-year-old Michael Scott was killed in the botched robbery attempt. His 15-year-old accomplice was taken to the hospital in serious condition. Though the high school coach was initially taken into custody, a police source says the shooting appears to be a justified, self-defense homicide.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 492 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 477 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 466 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 375 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 311 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 157 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 266 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 114 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 113 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Just a photo of Al Sharpton smiling in an African dashiki
- ‘Big gas savings’: Kmart’s marketing gurus strike again
- Does CNN want to keep Piers Morgan around?
- Permit requirements shut down another kid’s lemonade stand — but it’s not what you think
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Oil tracks gains in stocks, erases early losses
- West Bank and romance prominent in 'Omar'
- 87-year-old woman loses to Trump in civil case
- Dissidents find 'Cuba outside Cuba' in Miami
- New Victory Theater offers Bob Marley, Shakespeare
- Q&A: What is known about London attack
- Clashes in Lebanon feed fear of Syria spillover
- Anti-war protester shouts at Obama during speech