Tony Bennett’s Confusing Gun Theory: We Need Gun Control to Prevent Times Like When the Nazis ‘Came Over and Created Tragic Things’
During a Wednesday press conference, singer Tony Bennett invoked a Nazi reference to preach gun control. But take a listen and see if you can figure out exactly what he’s saying:
Here’s a transcript:
QUESTION: How important do you believe it is to solve the problem of possible mental illness from some people and prevent the shootings before it happened and how do you think the industry of entertainment also can fulfill to create a new generations of young people that are not so sensitive to this type of tragedy?
BENNET: Well, we should just care for our children so much and make sure that… my own children were told just don’t ever have a gun. No guns in my house, they’re not allowed. And I just believe that assault weapons, they were invented for war, they shouldn’t be on our streets here.
It’s the kind of turn that happened to the great country of Germany, when Nazis came over and created tragic things and they had to be told off. And if we continue this kind of violence and accept it in our country, the rest of the world is going to really take care of us in a very bad way.
We should learn that we’re the greatest country because we are all different nationalities and all different religions and we should show the rest of the world how to behave. Thank you.
“Tony Bennett is apparently unaware that the Nazi party was actually created in Germany and did not ‘come over’ from some other country,” Newsbusters writes. “He also is apparently unaware that gun control laws were one of the many restrictions placed upon citizens under Nazi domination.”
Later in the day, Bennett was asked about the comment by Wolf Blitzer — and it didn’t get much better (that parts starts at about four minutes):
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 999 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 438 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 394 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 293 Comments
- ‘Arrogance…Abuse of Power…Rotten to the Core’: Paul Ryan Steamed Over IRS, Benghazi 198 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 160 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 190 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth Read More
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have no Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds 102 Comments
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Experienced Heat, upstart Pacers ready to go
- Key senator to let Myanmar sanctions bill lapse
- Arias asks jury to give her life in prison
- Sorrentino, Bruni Tedeschi bring Italy to Cannes
- Correction: Missing Mom-Utah story
- Gay Fla. teen charged for underage girlfriend
- Car bomb, other attacks kill 20 in Iraq
- Top figures barred from Iran's June ballot