You’ll Want to See What Happens When a Real Condor Escapes During the National Anthem of a Hockey Game
Certain mascots are probably best left at the zoo, particularly if the sporting event you’re planning on bringing it to takes place on ice.
But you’ll be happy the Bakersfield Condors decided to throw caution to the wind, because the incident made for hilarious television.
USA Today summarizes:
The ECHL’s Bakersfield Condors decided to bring out a REAL CONDOR for the National Anthem because sure what could possibly happen?
Everything. Everything could possibly happen.
A quick rundown of Things the Real Condor Did at a Minor League Hockey Game.
* Escape, not once, but twice (!) from its handler
* Try, with varying degrees of success and hilarity, to walk on the ice
* Join its fellow Condors on the team’s bench
* Delight and terrify these same hockey players
* Show itself out, through the tunnel to the locker room.
The condor, which is apparently a type of vulture, escaped in the middle of the national anthem. One man tried to surreptitiously recover it without being a distraction, but failed miserably. He slipped, fell, and set the bird free once more.
It was a hilarious scene from that point forward, the bird walking around the ice as the players tried to warm up, then frightening those on the bench when it spread it wings and flew up to join them.
“This is the greatest thing I’ve ever seen,” one announcer said, completely unable to contain his laughter.
Watch the entire video via Deadspin, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 577 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 513 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 492 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 383 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 335 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 307 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 264 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 148 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- NKorean envoy delivers letter to China's president
- Sanchez loses no-hit bid in 9th, Tigers beat Twins
- Zimmermann wins 8th; Nationals top Phillies 5-2
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Calif. teen takes supermodel to prom
- Kuchar leads Colonial when 2nd round suspended
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos