Man Spends Over $50K Tasting Corn Flakes in 63 Countries — Here’s the Proof
33-year-old Mick Hobday likes Corn Flakes so much, he decided to spend roughly a decade sampling them all over the world. In the course of his journey, the British citizen estimates that he’s eaten 4,000 bowls, spent at least $50,000, and visited 63 countries.
“I’ve eaten them for breakfast from a young age, but I later began to eat them more and more – sometimes as a quick and easy lunch and dinner,” he explained. “I thought my idea was the perfect way to combine my two passions.”
Hobday recently published a book, “The Adventures of a Hard-up, Diabetic Traveller with a Corn Flake Problem,” in which he describes some of his wilder trips:
I’ve camped in a mosque and outside Venice with 200 dogs, I’ve visited ancient sites such as Machu Pichu and a lost city in the Colombian jungle. I’ve hang-glided over Rio and Hot-air ballooned over the Valley of the Kings. I’ve come across hippos, bears, Komodo dragons and an anteater. I’ve been diving with sharks, seahorses, dolphins and I’ve ridden a camel and an elephant. I’ve encountered all sorts of people, from an evangelical Christian in Albania, to a guy in Mauritania who lent me his house. I’ve seen the Sahara, the jungle, walked on glaciers, I’ve taken boats down rivers and I’ve also cycled over 13000 miles, through 21 European countries. I’ve modelled in a fashion show , been interviewed in Spanish on Peruvian radio, I’ve searched for UFOs in the desert, flown over the Nazca Lines, been to a music festival in the Sahara and I was almost kidnapped by Al-Qaeda.
Here are some of the photos from his journey, which he posted on Facebook:
The Daily Mail gathered Hobday’s top and bottom five “Corn Flake experiences.” The top 5 are:
1. Egypt – Crunchy flakes whilst sitting on the Giza plateau.
2. Turkey – Great flakes, tasted sweet.
3. Bosnia – At the Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun in Visoko.
4. UK – With the flakes I grew up loving outside Stonehenge.
5. Germany – nice crunchy, dark tasty flakes before England v Sweden in World Cup 2006.
And the bottom 5:
1. Mauritania – The camel milk was awful.
2. Bulgaria – They were really cheap and like plastic.
3. Indonesia – Cheap flakes and the milk was warm.
4. Albania – Eating them next to a motorway, I could taste smoke.
5. Singapore – The flakes tasted awful after the extortionate price I had to pay.
In an interview with Portsmouth News, Hobday was asked whether he retains his early enthusiasm for the cereal after all these years.
“I’m very sick of them to be honest with you,” he responded, eating a bowl at that very moment. “Especially when these are my mom’s, and they’ve probably been in the cupboard for about three years.”
Here’s the full interview:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 481 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 426 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 389 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 312 Comments
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 267 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 116 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 113 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 220 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 207 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 114 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- School storm protection is spotty in tornado zones
- Obama threatens veto of House student loan plan
- House committee passes Iran sanctions legislation
- London terror attack leaves 1 dead near barracks
- Facebook posts: Suit filed over vet's detention
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Target's 1Q profit drops 29 pct on weak sales
- Am. Samoa to keep flier miles of govt travelers