Some 3D printing projects are almost unbelievable given their sheer scale — like these plans to create a whole building out of materials made by a 3D printer. On the flip side, some 3D-printed projects are impressive due to the level of detail they host at such a small size.
Take this spaceship, for example. It’s length is only the width of a human hair — the dimensions are 125µm x 81µm x 26.8µm. Some human hairs can be as wide as 181 µm.
The spaceship specifically, according to the description of the video showing its printing process, was created with a Photonic Professional GT 3D printer. It took less than 50 seconds to complete.
Here are a few up-close pictures of the spaceship taken through the view of a scanning electron microscope:
Watch real-time the printing of the microstructure:
Learn more about the nano-lithography process of printing in this video:
- The End of Gun Control or Anarchy? See the Chilling Possibilities Created by 3D Printed Guns
- Here’s a Recap of Glenn Beck’s Awesome New 3D Printer: The Implications and What He Plans to Make
- Wiki-Weapons Conducts First Live Test for 3D Printed Guns
- 3D Printed ‘Magic Arms’ Allow Toddler to Hug Her Mom
- Material From 3D Printer Could Help You Grow Damaged Bones
From the breaking news you need to know to the hottest trends circling the Web, TheBlaze has it all. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope.