Can’t Wait for the Next ‘Hunger Games’ Movie? New Gadget Lets You Turn Your Phone Into a Bow and Arrow Game
If you’ve seen “The Five Year Engagement” — or at least the trailer for the movie that came out in 2012 — you’ll remember the scene where a child finds a hunting crossbow and says “I’m Katniss” (in some versions “I’m Pocahontas”) and shoots the female lead played by Emily Blunt in the leg.
Thanks to what Gizmodo describes as the “most over the top smartphone accessory,” the BowBlade lets you try your had at archery, which has seen newfound popularity since “The Hunger Games,” without any of the risk of shooting anyone with an errant arrow.
According to the company’s website, the BowBlade itself is composed of two blades made from “airplane strength material” that has a clip where the smartphone or iPod Touch can be inserted to allow for the virtual part of the game.
Watch how the system works:
The gaming system costs $185, but for $230 customers can get both the gaming and exercise systems. It also comes in different sizes to suit different body types.
The product will begin shipping April 2013.
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 440 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 421 Comments
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 388 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 320 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 153 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 132 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 125 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 239 Comments
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 255 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 115 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- AP Source: Coach K returning to US men's team
- Jury deciding Arias' sentence adjourns for day
- FBI: Arrest made in Wash. ricin letter scare
- Family Ties: Jarrett, Petty enter NASCAR hall
- Top AEG lawyer referred to Jackson as 'freak'
- In Arias trial, TV cameras never far behind
- Float driver says train seemed still before crash
- WW II photo-documentarian Wayne Miller dies at 94