2 Motorcycles Crash During Slain Navy SEAL Chris Kyle’s Funeral Procession
During slain Navy SEAL Chris Kyle’s funeral procession today, two motorcycles reportedly crashed after one clipped the other near Salado, Texas. While KXAS-TV originally reported that there was only one rider in the accident, a first-responder on the ground tells TheBlaze that there were actually four riders involved.
According to Jim MacKay, a firefighter with the Texas Air National Guard, there were two individuals on each motorcycle (all of which were purportedly involved in the autocade). One male was transported from the scene with what MacKay described as “a severe laceration to his right hand.” A woman involved was also sent to the hospital to be checked for neck and back injuries.
The two people on the second bike declined transport at the scene.
Previously, local reports said that the injuries were minor, however no definitive conditions following the accident have been given. Earlier this afternoon KXAS-TV reported:
The riders went down on Interstate 35 near Tahuaya Road, police said.
The procession was stopped for a few minutes as several Navy SEALS exited a bus to provide first aid to the victims before they were transported to area hospitals.
At least one local outlet is reporting that rain and slippery roads likely caused the crash; MacKay confirmed that the conditions were slick. The incident delayed the procession, which will end at Texas State Cemetery in Austin, by about 10 minutes.
This is a breaking news story. Stay tuned for additional details.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 481 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 469 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 460 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 355 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 118 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- Japanese man, 80, oldest to top Everest _ for now
- La Scala scales back on productions due to crisis
- 26 killed in 2 simultaneous car bombs in Niger
- UN: 22 deaths worldwide from coronavirus
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Pakistan arrested American who was killed by drone
- Nixon library hosts 40th reunion for Vietnam POWs
- US new home sales up 2.3 percent in April