‘Racist American Tool’: The Left Hurls Insults at Glenn Beck After Falling for Parody Site’s Fake Story
The Daily Currant strikes again — this time with a fake story about Glenn Beck. Despite the fact that the headline and copy of the story were both obviously satirical in nature, several people still fell for it and quickly attacked Beck as an ignorant “Islamaphobe” and “racist.”
“Glenn Beck Calls 911 After Accidentally Eating Halal Pizza,” the headline reads.
The story is even more ridiculous than the headline. Here’s a partial transcript of the completely made up “911 call” from Beck:
911: Hello this 911. What is your emergency?
Glenn Beck: Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Hello? Hello?
911: Hello sir what is your emergency?
Glenn Beck: Yes I think I might have been poisoned. Oh my god, please help. Please.
911: Okay calm down. How do you think you’ve been poisoned?
Glenn Beck: Pizza. I ate a pizza that I shouldn’t have eaten.
911: Okay, so you think you have food poisoning then?
Glenn Beck: Yes ma’am.
911: Do you have any signs and symptoms? Any vomiting? Nausea? Diarrhea?
Glenn Beck: No no. It’s just…I don’t trust the place that it came from.
911: Okay sir where did you get the pizza?
Glenn Beck: Its was from Mazaras in Fort Worth
911: Oh Mazaras? I love that place. Great sauce.
Glenn Beck: Oh yeah? Well did you know that it’s run by Muslims?
911: I did not know that sir. Is that relevant to your problem though?
Glenn Beck: Relevant? Ha! That is the problem. You don’t know what Muslims put in food they prepare for Christians. No one does.
And so the outrage began.
Glen Beck is a racist American tool here’s why: dailycurrant.com/2013/02/05/gle…
— Inam (@inam251) February 11, 2013
— Enough Coalition (@enoughcoalition) February 10, 2013
Unbelievable! Must read! RT#islamophobia@TheDailyCurrant: Glenn Beck Calls 911 After Accidentally Eating Halal Pizza goo.gl/L4Ylh”
— an ordinary soul (@ambreen30) February 9, 2013
— Monther منذر (@mhassouneh) February 8, 2013
Ignorance begets ignorance – Glenn Beck Calls 911 After Eating Halal Pizza dailycurrant.com/2013/02/05/gle…
— Carmelo’s Tweets (@CarmelosTweets) February 8, 2013
Glenn Becks Calls 911 After Accidentally Eating Halal Pizza. This is HILARIOUS! He’s so ignorant it’s funny dailycurrant.com/2013/02/05/gle…
— Bassam Dgheim (@BassamDgheim) February 6, 2013
Hahaha what an idiot this guy is! Glenn Beck Calls 911 After Accidentally Eating Halal Pizza dailycurrant.com/2013/02/05/gle…
— Mohammed Issa (@icy250194) February 12, 2013
This guy is a moron….Glenn Beck Calls 911 After Accidentally Eating Halal Pizza dailycurrant.com/2013/02/05/gle…
— Azra Sabovic (@Azra_babiiix3) February 11, 2013
How stupid can you get?lol Glenn Beck Calls 911 After Accidentally Eating Halal Pizza | The Daily Currant – dailycurrant.com/2013/02/05/gle…
— TheNotSoWiseOne (@BashBashhh) February 11, 2013
This ignorant radio host calls 911 after eating halal pizza,it seriously made my night,what a good laugh... dailycurrant.com/2013/02/05/gle…
— I'm Radioactivee. (@ZienaSami) February 9, 2013
As Mediaite's Andrew Kirell points out, "One cannot expect non-reporter Internet folk to do their due diligence when tweeting or Facebook-liking an article, but the reaction from people fooled by the satire is noteworthy."
Kirell also caught one commenter taking the story way too seriously on the Daily Currant's website:
The Daily Currant certainly isn't upset about the publicity that these incidents bring. Just today, the site fooled Washington Post contributor Suzi Parker into thinking Sarah Palin was joining Al Jazeera America. Further, the parody site recently duped readers with stories about Ann Coulter refusing to get on a flight because of a black pilot and Bill O'Reilly assaulting a mall Santa.
The lesson here is: Don't believe everything you read.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 555 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 506 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 480 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 333 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 333 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 219 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 231 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 141 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Calif. plastic ocean debris bill dies in committee
- No bail for Pa. parents in faith-healing death
- Rare Superman comic found in house insulation
- Grizzlies, Memphis ready to 'believe' vs Spurs
- Schumer urges look at security in Sprint deal
- IMF chief named key witness in French payoff case
- Furlough Friday: Unpaid day off for many in gov't