‘Sickening’: Vid Allegedly Shows Thugs Stripping Newark Teen, Whipping Him Over $20
Shocking video recorded in Newark, New Jersey appears to show a man forcing a teenager to strip naked before rapidly and ruthlessly beating him with a belt for several minutes. To make the degradation complete, another individual filmed the scene and the apparent attacker forced the victim to tell the camera “it’s a dog eat dog world.”
At the beginning of the video, the assailant cites a $20 debt as the reason for the beating. It’s difficult to make out, but some sites say it wasn’t even the boy who owed $20, but his father.
“Where my money at?” the suspect demands between lashings.
“I don’t know,” the boy, naked and trying to cover himself on the streets of New Jersey, responds weakly.
The international hacktivist group Anonymous drew attention to one of the Twitter feeds promoting the video early on:
— Anonymous (@AnonyOps) February 8, 2013
The YouTube account that posted the video has since been terminated, but the New York Daily News reported Wednesday morning that it had more than 40,000 views before it was pulled.
We don’t recommend watching the unedited vid, but PIX11 News has blurred the more graphic images:
New Jersey residents in particular are horrified by the attack, with state and local officials condemning the video in the strongest of terms.
After a rapid investigation, three people were reportedly arrested in connection to the attack: the alleged assailant, cameraman, and a bystander.
Newark Mayor Cory Booker scheduled a press conference to discuss the matter Wednesday and, according to the Associated Press, will be joined by Police Director Samuel DeMaio and Police Chief Sheilah Coley.
“To see him stripped down naked and taken advantage of and abused like that, it was sickening to me,” Newark Police Director Samuel DeMaio concluded. “I pictured somebody doing that to my son … the people that did that need to be brought to justice for sure.”
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 488 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 473 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 464 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 368 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 329 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control Read More
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 185 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 107 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Matt Drudge calls MSNBC host ‘squirrely’…
- Iran's Rafsanjani blasts clerics, says report
- Kerry Kennedy, farmworker protest Wendy's in NYC
- Hurricane forecast: Another busy Atlantic season
- UK police: 2 more arrests linked to hacking death of British soldier in London.
- Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View
- Pritzker's ties to thrift, tax haven eyed
- Writer Chinua Achebe honored in Nigeria funeral
- Shareholder adviser firm paying $300,000 fine