Ted Nugent Responds to ‘Nonsense’ Gun Control Proposals in Obama’s Speech
Outspoken rocker and gun rights advocate Ted Nugent was unimpressed with President Barack Obama’s State of the Union address, especially the part about gun control. He said the president is just spewing “more nonsense” that will not help stop shootings from occurring.
Nugent, dressed in a sport coat, jeans and cowboy boots, attended the State of the Union address as a guest of Texas GOP Rep. Steve Stockman.
“Nothing [Obama] proposes or nothing he’s been proposed would have stopped any of the shootings. None of those shooters are gonna register anything,” Nugent said, surrounded by reporters on the House floor following Obama’s speech.
He continued: “Canada finally abandoned its multibillion waste of a C68 gun law where goose hunters and farmers had to register their squirrel rifles. And it didn’t do anything to reduce crime or save any lives…Who doesn’t know this? Who doesn’t know that registration and limitation on magazine capacity and the color of guns has anything to do with saving lives and reducing crime?”
Every time Obama gives a “flowery” speech, he either does “the opposite or nothing at all,” Nugent explained, adding that “nothing will be improved.”
However, that’s not to say that Nugent didn’t enjoy any part of Obama’s speech.
“My favorite part is when I couldn’t hear clearly because then I didn’t have to get angry,” he added.
Well, at least that’s something.
Featured image via AP
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 470 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 424 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 391 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 381 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 113 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 211 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 142 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 109 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 129 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- German business confidence unexpectedly rebounds
- Syrian govt to take part in peace conference
- Plastic ocean debris the target of new Calif. bill
- Obama addressing Naval Academy graduates 2nd time
- Older brother held in deaths of 2 younger siblings
- Syria govt to take part in peace conference
- Quick's LA Kings put Sharks on brink with 3-0 win
- Some unions now angry about health care overhaul