The Definitive Fact Check of Obama’s State of the Union Speech That You Don’t Want to Miss
Though Glenn Beck didn’t have the patience to watch President Barack Obama deliver his State of the Union address Tuesday night, he did get caught up enough on Wednesday to conduct a blistering fact check of the speech.
He went almost point-by-point and rebutted many of the proposals and statements put forth by the commander in chief. Beck was shocked to hear Obama say his administration had “cleared away the rubble of crisis” and the “state of our union is stronger.”
“Stronger than what, Venezuela?” Beck remarked. “We are not stronger. We are not strong. We have had four straight annual deficits of over $1 trillion, a ballooning national debt that’s over now 100 percent of our annual output.”
Beck also called Obama out for trying to pass off massive government spending “investments” while arguing that not one of his new programs “should increase the deficit by a single dime.”
“He wants to sound responsible, but he also wants to spend like a Marxist at a Mao sale,” Beck quipped.
Obama also proclaimed he was not calling for “bigger government” but rather “smarter government” in his State of the Union speech. Beck took exception with the term.
“Maybe the progressives have redefined the word ‘smart’,” Beck said. “What is smarter about taxing and spending more? What is smarter about adding tens of billions to our trillion dollar deficit? What is smarter about asking Americans to fork over even more of their money? What is smarter about heaping even more burdens on America’s struggling businesses?”
“You cannot spend your way to prosperity, just like you cannot fornicate your way to virginity,” he added. “It doesn’t work that way.”
Washington continues to kick the can down the road to the next guy, but the problem is, Beck explained, we’re running out of road.
Watch Beck also take Obama to task over his proposals on “redesigning” America’s schools, raising the minimum wage, unemployment, green energy and more.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,037 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 437 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 313 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 252 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 156 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 226 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 110 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 134 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Garcetti builds growing lead as LA picks new mayor
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- 600 police photos of Tucson rampage scene released
- Chinese premier begins 2-day visit to Pakistan
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Republican divisions may hinder party's momentum
- House panel seeks to curb military sexual assaults
- Amid immigration reform, calls to change asylums