Bill O’Reilly Goes Off on Columbia Prof. Who Said Dorner’s Rampage Was ‘Kind of Exciting’
Columbia University professor and HuffPost Live host Marc Lamont Hill on Wednesday attempted to explain why some people consider alleged cop killer Christopher Dorner a “super hero.” He said watching Dorner’s rampage, after he was “wronged” by the system, was “kind of exciting” and like watching “Django Unchained in real life.”
Hill received intense criticism for his comments and on Thursday, Fox News host Bill O’Reilly invited him on his program and lectured the professor on his “insensitive” remarks.
After apologizing to the families of Dorner’s victims for any pain caused by his comments, he stood by his underlying message about why people support Dorner. Hill said the allegations of corruption within the LAPD could be a real story.
O’Reilly said Hill’s comments were extremely insensitive so close to the crimes committed by Dorner. He also criticized his guest for condemning Dorner but not condemning the people who are idolizing him. A few times throughout the segment, things got heated between the Fox host and his guest.
“You give credibility to a killer, a guy who is obviously not thinking clearly,” O’Reilly added. “He killed four human beings, innocent human beings. You don’t give any credibility to him. Anything he says, and everything he says is suspect because of what he did.”
Hill said he is not “legitimizing” murder, but the Dorner tragedy shines a spotlight on allegations of police corruption within the LAPD and it’s a conversation we should be having.
“Don’t get yourself into more trouble here,” O’Reilly said. “You were insensitive to the victims’ families. That’s what you were.”
Watch the segment via Fox News/Mediaite below:
(H/T: Josh Feldman, Mediaite)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,037 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 436 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 313 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 252 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 154 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 226 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 110 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 134 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Garcetti builds growing lead as LA picks new mayor
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- 600 police photos of Tucson rampage scene released
- Chinese premier begins 2-day visit to Pakistan
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Republican divisions may hinder party's momentum
- House panel seeks to curb military sexual assaults
- Amid immigration reform, calls to change asylums