MSNBC Anchor Goes on Odd Ted Nugent Rant: ‘Obsession With Fecal Matter’ — ‘Fetish’ or ‘Personal Problem?’
It’s no secret that rock musician Ted Nugent has disdain for President Barack Obama’s policies. The outspoken conservative recently attended the State of the Union Address, later dismissing the president’s gun control proposals as “more nonsense” that will do little to save American lives. Following the speech, NBC’s Luke Russert interviewed Nugent and, on Wednesday, MSNBC’s Martin Bashir analyzed the exchange, accusing the rocker of having an “obsession with fecal matter.”
Bashir brought Russert, Democratic strategist Julian Epstein and Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart on his show to discuss Nugent’s presence at the State of the Union and to dissect the somewhat contentious interview that Russert conducted with the musician.
At the start of the segment, Bashir showed portions of the dialogue. In the short clips, Nugent commented about his recent claim that Rep. Jim Langevin (D-R.I.) has “s**t for brains” and the rock star also joked that he had “s**t” his pants in an effort to get out of his interview with Russert.
After the reporter explained his back-and-forth with Nugent, Bashir turned his questioning to Capehart.
“Jonathan, Mr. Nugent appears to have some kind of obsession with fecal matter. Is this, do you think, a personal fetish or a personal problem?”
Capehart responded with, “Oh Lord, Martin,” then he proceeded to say that he thought Nugent’s presence in the chamber at the State of the Union was problematic and that it was representative of the poor state of public debate in America.
“I think it was reprehensible for him to be in the chamber,” Capehart said. “His presence there only — it sort of highlights just how coarse our political discourse has become.”
Watch the exchange, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 478 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 413 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 361 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 330 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 290 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 104 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 208 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 146 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 146 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 110 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- UK PM: London attack near barracks could be terror
- Twitter adds security measure to logins
- Am. Samoa to keep flier miles for govt travelers
- Float driver says train seemed still before crash
- ND ad agency sues creators of Cartoon Network show
- Boy achieves family dream with geography bee win
- Others who took the 5th: McGwire, Abramoff, North
- UK PM: London attack terror could be terror