MSNBC Anchor Goes on Odd Ted Nugent Rant: ‘Obsession With Fecal Matter’ — ‘Fetish’ or ‘Personal Problem?’
It’s no secret that rock musician Ted Nugent has disdain for President Barack Obama’s policies. The outspoken conservative recently attended the State of the Union Address, later dismissing the president’s gun control proposals as “more nonsense” that will do little to save American lives. Following the speech, NBC’s Luke Russert interviewed Nugent and, on Wednesday, MSNBC’s Martin Bashir analyzed the exchange, accusing the rocker of having an “obsession with fecal matter.”
Bashir brought Russert, Democratic strategist Julian Epstein and Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart on his show to discuss Nugent’s presence at the State of the Union and to dissect the somewhat contentious interview that Russert conducted with the musician.
At the start of the segment, Bashir showed portions of the dialogue. In the short clips, Nugent commented about his recent claim that Rep. Jim Langevin (D-R.I.) has “s**t for brains” and the rock star also joked that he had “s**t” his pants in an effort to get out of his interview with Russert.
After the reporter explained his back-and-forth with Nugent, Bashir turned his questioning to Capehart.
“Jonathan, Mr. Nugent appears to have some kind of obsession with fecal matter. Is this, do you think, a personal fetish or a personal problem?”
Capehart responded with, “Oh Lord, Martin,” then he proceeded to say that he thought Nugent’s presence in the chamber at the State of the Union was problematic and that it was representative of the poor state of public debate in America.
“I think it was reprehensible for him to be in the chamber,” Capehart said. “His presence there only — it sort of highlights just how coarse our political discourse has become.”
Watch the exchange, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 514 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 461 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 445 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 324 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 257 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 146 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- UK emergency committee meets after attack
- Simultaneous car bomb attacks in Niger
- Man shot by FBI had spoken with bombing suspect
- Father of Afghanistan cricket captain abducted
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- Oil falls below $93 as China manufacturing weakens
- Crane accident cuts power to one-third of Vietnam