Debunking the Progressive Case in Favor of Abandoning the Constitution
Georgetown Law professor Louis Michael Seidman wants the United States to just give up on the Constitution already. In December, he penned an op-ed in the New York Times in arguing that the document is arbitrary and many times even disruptive.
During “The Glenn Beck Program” on TheBlaze TV Thursday, Glenn Beck and historian David Barton dismantled the progressive argument that the Constitution has outlived its usefulness.
“How can this guy teach the Constitution when he’s saying abolish it?” Beck asked, referring to Seidman’s claim that Americans shouldn’t be “ruled” by men who drafted the document hundreds of years ago. “In the Constitution, you’re not ruled by dead people.”
Barton agreed, saying the Constitution was designed so that it can be changed and amended whenever necessary.
“I hate to use their word, they gave us a very progressive Constitution,” Barton said. “We’ve [changed] it 27 times, anytime we want to change it, we change it.”
Barton explained that there are several university professors calling for the abolition of the First Amendment, the Second Amendment, the Tenth Amendment and even the electoral college.
Watch Beck and Barton take apart Seidman’s progressive logic via TheBlaze TV below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 499 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 481 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 468 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 383 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 348 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 191 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 131 Comments
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 124 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Investigator: Missing Iowa girl's blood found
- Distraught mom becomes face of Oklahoma storm
- Obama lifts ban on Guantanamo transfers to Yemen
- Writer Chinua Achebe honored in Nigeria funeral
- Tea party vs. old guard in GOP Senate rift
- New rules for labeling meat go into effect in US
- IRS replaces official in tea party controversy
- Authorities: No sign killing of 2 kids was planned