SNL Depicts Jesus Slaughtering Romans in Tarantino-Style Clip ‘Djesus Uncrossed’
Christoph Waltz, the memorable actor from recent Quentin Tarantino hits “Inglorious Basterds” and “Django Unchained,” hosted Saturday Night Live this week, adding yet another “historical fantasy” to his résumé.
The only difference? This time, it wasn’t soldiers or a former slave exacting revenge — it was Jesus Christ.
“He’s risen from the dead…and he’s preaching anything but forgiveness,” the announcer says as Waltz, dressed as Jesus, kills a number of Romans with a sword.
The movie also features “Brad Pitt” as St. Peter, the announcer declares as the actor playing Pitt recruits apostles to assist in the violent effort.
“I need me 11 apostles. We’re going to be doing one thing, and one thing only: killing Romans,” he says in imitation of Pitt’s speech from “Inglorious Basterds.” “The Roman will be disgusted by us; the Roman will talk about us, and the Roman will fear us. Each one of you owes me 100 Roman scalps!”
“Samuel L. Jackson” then makes an appearance Judas Iscariot, along with “Ving Rhames” as Pontius Pilate.
“When you get to heaven,” Waltz lightly intones while holding a large gun, “say hi to my dad.”
Reviews of the clip are mixed. Rolling Stone described it as “stunning, in the best way possible,” adding: “Every last line in this gory sketch was written with impeccable sophistication.”
The left-leaning Huffington Post, meanwhile, acknowledged the inevitable controversy and asked on the front page: “How did SNL get away with this?”
Watch the entire clip for yourself, via Hulu, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 511 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 444 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- Car bomb kills 12 in southwest Pakistan
- LeBron, Heat dig deep to top Pacers in Game 1
- Bronx 'ghetto' tours stop amid residents' outrage
- For Philadelphia bicyclist, a cat is his co-pilot
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Obama to push for transparency in face of threats
- Youngest Okla. tornado victims remembered by kin
- Between economy and trouble, Obama approval steady