SNL Mocks ‘Fox & Friends’ With Interview of ‘Crazy’ Ted Nugent on Obama’s State of the Union
“Saturday Night Live” trotted out its “Fox & Friends” parody to mock the co-hosts and rocker Ted Nugent. Once again portraying the Fox hosts as a foolish bunch, they ripped President Barack Obama’s State of the Union and gave their take on the U.K.’s horsemeat scandal.
“Isn’t this man supposed to be a great speaker?” co-host Gretchen Carlson, played by Vanessa Bayer, asked of Obama’s speech. “Then how come only half the people there were clapping? This was a full-frontal assault on our values.”
But what the president said during the speech wasn’t nearly as bad as what he said when you played it backward — “I am a Black Panther when this is over I’m going to smoke weed and do hip hop songs” — until the hosts realized they’d been duped.
Next, they went to interview “great American” Ted Nugent, played by Bill Hader, who had been in the audience for the State of the Union and didn’t much care for it.
“It was hard to sit still,” Nugent admitted. “Partly because of what Obama was saying, partly because my goatee is full of ticks.”
Nugent said Obama “wants gun control, but what we really need to do is take guns out of the hands of the crazy people.”
“It’s not hard to tell who is crazy,” he said, eyes growing wide. “Just look at their eyes. The white part and the swirly part.”
Rounding out the segment was an interview with a U.K. food safety official to discuss the traces of horsemeat recently found in some fast food. The hosts asked whether consuming the meat could make you “run really fast” or “poop out glue.”
“For the folks at home, honestly, the safest thing to do is just never, ever leave the United States,” said Steve Doocy, portrayed by Taran Killam.
“If you want to travel the world, just go to the International House of Pancakes,” offered Brian Kilmeade, played by Bobby Moynihan. “Don’t forget your passport,” he added, pulling out a pancake from his pocket.
Watch the full sketch below, via NBC:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 465 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 323 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 293 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 258 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 122 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 195 Comments
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 135 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 144 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- NY funeral for student accidentally shot by police
- Clearwire board approves higher Sprint offer
- Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- IRS official in center of targeting probe: 'I have not done anything wrong.'
- EU bid to label Hezbollah wing terror group
- AAA: 31.2M drivers to take Memorial Day road trip
- Iraqi premier orders army shake-up after attacks
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe