Guess the Ending: Trio of Suspected Armed Robbers Tries ‘Violently’ Breaking Into Home of Dad and His 2-Year-Old Son and…
A father protecting his home and his 2-year-old son opened fire on a trio of suspected armed robbers in Virginia on Sunday killing two of them. The third man escaped and is still at large.
The local sheriff’s department in Prince Edward, VA, says it all unfolded around 4:30am when the three men busted down the door of the man’s home. The homeowner told authorities the men were armed and he exchanged fire with them, killing two of the suspects and sending a third running. A K-9 unit tracked that suspect, but his trail went cold and deputies believe he was picked up by a vehicle.
Local station WWBT-TV says the trio entered the home “violently” and has footage from the scene. A blurred image suggests one of the suspects died on the front lawn:
The father and the child were not harmed.
The story is in stark contrast to another that gained attention last week in Miami, FL. There, two men broke into a family home in an apparent attempted robbery and held a man’s wife at gunpoint. When they tried to enter the room of the couple’s 11-year-old daughter, he jumped up and fought back. That’s when he was shot and died.
So far, no reports have suggested the dad in the latest incident in Virginia will be charged in the deaths of the suspects. The Virginia State Police, which is assisting in the investigation, did not immediately return a request for comment by TheBlaze.
“From the way it looks, he (the homeowner) was defending himself,” Prince Edward County Sheriff Wesley Reed said.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 998 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 434 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 388 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 293 Comments
- ‘Arrogance…Abuse of Power…Rotten to the Core’: Paul Ryan Steamed Over IRS, Benghazi 198 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 156 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 183 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth Read More
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have no Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds 102 Comments
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Surprise: The IRS leans left — way left
- ‘First they came for Fox News…’
- Most Republicans not following news about Obama admin’s three scandals ‘very closely’
- Obama DOJ relied on 1917 Espionage Act to target ‘co-conspirator’ Fox News
- Stuart Stevens predicts racist ‘small cable show’ co-hosted by Sharpton, Weiner
- Fire chief says search almost complete in Oklahoma
- Protesters rally over IRS' tea party scrutiny
- JPMorgan's Dimon survives shareholder referendum
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival
- Microsoft touts Xbox One as all-in-1 entertainment
- Arias asks jury to give her life in prison
- Committee nears final vote on immigration bill
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes