Gay Man Clashes With Fiery Preacher on NYC Subway: ‘I’m a Good Man and I’m a Gay Man — and Jesus Loves Me!’
Street preachers are relatively common in New York City. But when these individuals take their messages from outdoors to the confines of subway cars, patrons sometimes get agitated. After all, many of these pastors, while well-intentioned, yell their sermons and force their ideals upon patrons. In response, weary riders tend to ignore the displays, rolling their eyes or tuning the preachers out entirely.
In a video that was uploaded to YouTube a few days ago, though, one patron decided to speak up after a man preaching on the subway took aim at homosexuality.
“What the hell are you teaching our children that two men that lay together and have sex,” the preacher can be heard saying in a video captured by a cell phone. “What are you teaching the younger generation?”
As he continued, some spoke out against his message, calling him “full of hate,” “ignorant,” “scared” and “bad,” however he was dissuaded from stopping. In addition to claiming that singer Michael Jackson “died, because he was gay,” the man spoke about anatomy and his views on same-sex relationships.
“You can’t put to men together,” he continued. “Men don’t got no breasts.”
One of the patrons listening to these messages simply couldn’t take the diatribe any longer. He jumped out of his seat, faced the preacher and said, “I’m a man and I’m a good man — and I’m a gay man and Jesus loves me.” He continued, repeating the line that Christ loves him at least two additional times.
The preacher responded fervently. As the two continued to clash, the self-described gay man called the preacher a “false prophet.”
“Jesus is love,” he said, getting a round of applause from those on the train.
Watch the clash unfold, below:
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 537 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 492 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 474 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 327 Comments
- ‘War in London Tonight’: Rioters Clash With Police Over ‘Cleaver’ Terror Attack (Plus: Read About Hero Mother Who Reportedly Confronted Killers) 295 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 120 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 179 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 131 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- IMF chief named key witness in French payoff case
- Obama: Sexual assault threatens trust in military
- Oklahoma gets far more than its share of disasters
- Cannes: Dern a leading man again in 'Nebraska'
- Yankees' Teixeira to play in minors on Wednesday
- Budget cuts mean unpaid day off for many in gov't
- Hezbollah: EU making big mistake
- Toronto mayor Rob Ford says he does not smoke crack cocaine