Gay Man Clashes With Fiery Preacher on NYC Subway: ‘I’m a Good Man and I’m a Gay Man — and Jesus Loves Me!’
Street preachers are relatively common in New York City. But when these individuals take their messages from outdoors to the confines of subway cars, patrons sometimes get agitated. After all, many of these pastors, while well-intentioned, yell their sermons and force their ideals upon patrons. In response, weary riders tend to ignore the displays, rolling their eyes or tuning the preachers out entirely.
In a video that was uploaded to YouTube a few days ago, though, one patron decided to speak up after a man preaching on the subway took aim at homosexuality.
“What the hell are you teaching our children that two men that lay together and have sex,” the preacher can be heard saying in a video captured by a cell phone. “What are you teaching the younger generation?”
As he continued, some spoke out against his message, calling him “full of hate,” “ignorant,” “scared” and “bad,” however he was dissuaded from stopping. In addition to claiming that singer Michael Jackson “died, because he was gay,” the man spoke about anatomy and his views on same-sex relationships.
“You can’t put to men together,” he continued. “Men don’t got no breasts.”
One of the patrons listening to these messages simply couldn’t take the diatribe any longer. He jumped out of his seat, faced the preacher and said, “I’m a man and I’m a good man — and I’m a gay man and Jesus loves me.” He continued, repeating the line that Christ loves him at least two additional times.
The preacher responded fervently. As the two continued to clash, the self-described gay man called the preacher a “false prophet.”
“Jesus is love,” he said, getting a round of applause from those on the train.
Watch the clash unfold, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 595 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 407 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 338 Comments
- ‘We Ain’t Scared of Nobody!’: New Documentary Claims to Show the KKK Thriving in Deep South 297 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 292 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 153 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 100 Comments
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- 10 things to know for the Champions League final
- Rosberg fastest again in crash-marred 3rd practice
- In Ethiopia, African Union celebrates 50 years
- Jordan king says extremism 'grown fat' on conflict
- 2-child limit for Muslims in parts of Myanmar
- 'Friend' of suspect in UK slaying arrested
- Syria regime unleashes artillery barrage on Qusair
- Balloons bring smiles in war-weary Afghan capital