Krauthammer Mocks Press For Outrage Over Obama’s Private Golf Game: Biggest ‘Non-Story’ Since the Kardashian Weddings
Conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer on Monday characterized the press’ outrage over being denied access to Obama’s golf game with Tiger Woods as a giant “non-story.”
“If the guy wants to play golf, the guy deserves a couple of days off,” the noted author told Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly.
Krauthammer also mocked the White House press corps for issuing a statement criticizing the Obama administration for its “lack of transparency” — over a golf game.
“He wants privacy? Big deal. This is the biggest non-story that the media have created since the Kardashian weddings.”
For whatever reason, O’Reilly asked Krauthammer if Woods’ “dubious” history explained some of the press’ outrage.
“I don’t think Obama’s out there with Tiger receiving marital advice. I think he’s receiving advice on how to line up a putt,” Krauthammer answered.
Still, according to Fox’s chief White House correspondent Ed Henry, the kerfuffle over being excluded from the president’s foursome is about much more than being denied access to a celebrity golf match.
“This is a fight for more access, period,” Henry told POLITICO Monday. “I’ve heard all kinds of critics saying the White House press corps is whining about a golf game and violating the president’s privacy. Nothing could be further from the truth.”
“We’re not interested in violating the president’s privacy. He’s entitled to vacations like everyone else. All we’re asking for is a brief exception, quick access, a quick photo-op on the 18th green,” he added. “It’s not about golf — it’s about transparency and access in a broader sense.”
“There is a very simple but important principle we will continue to fight for today and in the days ahead: transparency,” said Henry.
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
Featured image Getty Images.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 513 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 460 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 445 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 323 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 254 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 146 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Colorado killer's reprieve sharply criticized
- Taiwan's Wu confirms he'll run for IOC presidency
- US, Israel raise hopes for Mideast peace restart
- Jury in Jodi Arias trial resumes deliberations
- Nixon library hosts 40th reunion for Vietnam POWs
- Bangladesh: Owners' many failings led to collapse
- UK emergency committee meets after attack
- Birth control coverage up for federal appeal