Teen Flees Town After Posting This Graphic Picture on Facebook of a Dog Killed by an Arrow
Editor’s note: This post contains a graphic image. Discretion is advised.
An Oklahoma high school student has received death threats and left town after he posted a picture of a pit bull he had killed with a bow and arrow on Facebook.
In addition to the picture, the post by 18-year-old Caisen Green read, ”For all you pit lovers out there. Here’s what happens when one shows up around my house.”
The Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the issue, but authorities said in a press release that Green has not been available for questioning as he left the area due to death threats he had been receiving, KJRH reported. Undersheriff Jason Chennault asked in the release for people to stop making threats against Green and his Green family and noted that those making threats could be subject to prosecution.
“I understand people don’t want to see animals hurt,” Chennault told the Muskogee Phoenix. “But death threats are not going to help the situation.”
The Phoenix went on to report Chennault saying that the department needs more information about the events surrounding the dog’s death.
“It’s a gray area,” Chennault said to the Phoenix. “If the dog is threatening livestock or your well-being, you can do what you have to do stop it. I’m going to do my best to get everything done this week, and we’ll forward the report to the (District 27) District Attorney’s Office.”
Fox 23 reported these thoughts from local residents regarding the photo:
“He needs to be punished the right way, and not by people doing something to him,” says Tahlequah resident, Charles York.
“Something needs to be done and he shouldn’t be able to get away with killing a dog like that and putting it on facebook and have nothing done to him,” says Jennifer Tillison.
Fox 23 also reported that Green is expected to give a statement to law enforcement with his attorney Tuesday.
Officials with the local humane society are reported as saying they were shocked by the post but wouldn’t seek jail time as punishment as they don’t feel it would change Green’s attitude toward the breed.
“It would be better for him to have to work community service, maybe 100 hours in a facility to where he can learn and be around people who love dogs and understand dogs lives,” Humane Society of Cherokee County board member Lou Hays told KJRH-TV.
Watch this report:
(H/T: Daily Mail)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 437 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 418 Comments
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 374 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 320 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 132 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 132 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 120 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 236 Comments
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 246 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 114 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- WW II photo-documentarian Wayne Miller dies at 94
- Broke no laws, IRS official says _ then takes 5th
- Zach Johnson always feels good at Colonial
- House passes GOP bill to speed pipeline approval
- HP's 2Q offers hope even as revenue slump deepens
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Mexico cartel dominates, torches western state
- Union power at issue as Garcetti elected LA mayor