Unbelievable Hoard of Guns, Drugs, Cash and a Tractor Found in Man’s ‘Pirate Cave’ — See the Pics of the Haul
Humboldt County Sheriff Department’s Public Information Officer Lt. Steve Knight told the Huffington Post the bounty found with a search warrant on property in Garberville, Calif., was “one of the largest hauls that we’ve ever seen.”
When you take a look at the list below and you’ll see why.
- 111 guns, including a MG 42 caliber WWII Machine gun with a full belt of ammunition
- Ballistic vests
- Tactical holsters
- Ammo, magazines
- 117 pounds of marijuana
- 42 grams hashish
- 4 grams of methamphetamine
- 40 vehicles
- A tractor
- A trailer
- All-terrain vehicles
- Concrete cutter
- Air compressor
- $12,000 cash
All this bounty — some of which was stolen goods — was found on 30-year-old Ryan Floyd’s 55-acre property. Some of it was found in what the Huffington Post described as a “pirate cave” (yes, an actual cave) for hiding the items.
Law enforcement first became interested in Floyd earlier this month when they tried to pull him over for driving erratically without a rear license plate, the sheriff’s press release stated. Police were forced to chase Floyd when he didn’t stop the vehicle. He eventually drove the pick-up truck off-road down a hill and crashed into a tree. When police reached the truck,, which was later identified as stolen from a vacationing family whose home was burglarized as well, it was empty of its driver.
On Feb. 7, the police obtained a search warrant for Floyd’s residence where they found a majority of the stash. Floyd was arrested and a second man on the property, Gregory Benson, was taken into custody as well. When deputies and investigators returned on Feb. 12, they found another woman on the property, Deanna McDonald, but she was released to care for her small children. More items were found on the 12th as well.
The weapons cache Humboldt County Sheriff Mike Downey told KIEM TV was enough to man a small militia.
“There were so many guns they were too heavy to pull out,” Downey said.
KIEM TV reported Sheriff’s Deputy Tony Gomes saying this stash is one of the largest they’ve ever uncovered.
According to the sheriff’s press release, the guns included a SKS, Colt AR-15’s, sawed off shotguns with pistol grips, a fully automatic, loaded machine gun, and Tech Nine assault weapons. KIEM TV reported Downey saying he thinks Floyd intended to sell the weapons for those seeking out illegal firearms.
Downey also revealed to NBC News that he has had experience with the Floyd family and the property in the past:
Downey said he encountered Floyd’s father Wally, now deceased, multiple times on the sprawling property about a decade ago on drug and theft charges.
“This is a piece of property I had been to numerous times surrounding the same type of criminal activity,” Downey said.
Watch this report:
Authorities are still trying to determine what items were stolen. Thus far, at least 20 of the guns were reported stolen as well as at least one of the cars, jewelry, the UTV Kabota Tractor, chainsaws, concrete cutter and the air compressor.
According to ABC Local, Floyd has seven felony drug and weapons charges but more could be added. He is still in police custody with bail set at $400,000. A third person, Honey Walsh, 29, is being sought for the case as well.
(H/T: Daily Mail)
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 502 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 469 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 389 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 386 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 327 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 201 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 139 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 101 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 124 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- 87-year-old woman loses to Trump in civil case
- Maine governor moves out of office over TV dispute
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
- Belmoktar claims responsibility for Niger attack
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty; retrial set
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- NY senator: Assaults let military culture continue