Unbelievable Hoard of Guns, Drugs, Cash and a Tractor Found in Man’s ‘Pirate Cave’ — See the Pics of the Haul
Humboldt County Sheriff Department’s Public Information Officer Lt. Steve Knight told the Huffington Post the bounty found with a search warrant on property in Garberville, Calif., was “one of the largest hauls that we’ve ever seen.”
When you take a look at the list below and you’ll see why.
- 111 guns, including a MG 42 caliber WWII Machine gun with a full belt of ammunition
- Ballistic vests
- Tactical holsters
- Ammo, magazines
- 117 pounds of marijuana
- 42 grams hashish
- 4 grams of methamphetamine
- 40 vehicles
- A tractor
- A trailer
- All-terrain vehicles
- Concrete cutter
- Air compressor
- $12,000 cash
All this bounty — some of which was stolen goods — was found on 30-year-old Ryan Floyd’s 55-acre property. Some of it was found in what the Huffington Post described as a “pirate cave” (yes, an actual cave) for hiding the items.
Law enforcement first became interested in Floyd earlier this month when they tried to pull him over for driving erratically without a rear license plate, the sheriff’s press release stated. Police were forced to chase Floyd when he didn’t stop the vehicle. He eventually drove the pick-up truck off-road down a hill and crashed into a tree. When police reached the truck,, which was later identified as stolen from a vacationing family whose home was burglarized as well, it was empty of its driver.
On Feb. 7, the police obtained a search warrant for Floyd’s residence where they found a majority of the stash. Floyd was arrested and a second man on the property, Gregory Benson, was taken into custody as well. When deputies and investigators returned on Feb. 12, they found another woman on the property, Deanna McDonald, but she was released to care for her small children. More items were found on the 12th as well.
The weapons cache Humboldt County Sheriff Mike Downey told KIEM TV was enough to man a small militia.
“There were so many guns they were too heavy to pull out,” Downey said.
KIEM TV reported Sheriff’s Deputy Tony Gomes saying this stash is one of the largest they’ve ever uncovered.
According to the sheriff’s press release, the guns included a SKS, Colt AR-15’s, sawed off shotguns with pistol grips, a fully automatic, loaded machine gun, and Tech Nine assault weapons. KIEM TV reported Downey saying he thinks Floyd intended to sell the weapons for those seeking out illegal firearms.
Downey also revealed to NBC News that he has had experience with the Floyd family and the property in the past:
Downey said he encountered Floyd’s father Wally, now deceased, multiple times on the sprawling property about a decade ago on drug and theft charges.
“This is a piece of property I had been to numerous times surrounding the same type of criminal activity,” Downey said.
Watch this report:
Authorities are still trying to determine what items were stolen. Thus far, at least 20 of the guns were reported stolen as well as at least one of the cars, jewelry, the UTV Kabota Tractor, chainsaws, concrete cutter and the air compressor.
According to ABC Local, Floyd has seven felony drug and weapons charges but more could be added. He is still in police custody with bail set at $400,000. A third person, Honey Walsh, 29, is being sought for the case as well.
(H/T: Daily Mail)
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 466 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 327 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 325 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 263 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 151 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 199 Comments
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 139 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 144 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- EU leaders discuss fight against tax evasion
- UK, Denmark eye visas for Afghan interpreters
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Conn. rail service returns to normal
- Afghanistan: Suicide bomb kills anti-Taliban elder
- US test-launches intercontinental missile
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision