Fox News’ Bob Beckel Makes Shocking Comments About Rape on College Campuses
During a discussion about concealed carry laws on college campuses, “The Five” co-host Bob Beckel questioned whether women really need to carry firearms for self-defense because “when was the last time you heard about a rape on campus?”
Beckel said if you allow students to carry guns on campus, there is a greater chance for shootings.
“If you eliminate the opportunity for anyone to have a gun at all, you’re telling the bad guys, there’s an area that no one is carrying a gun,” co-host Eric Bolling said.
That’s when Beckel asked: “When was the last time you heard about a rape on campus?”
“What are you talking about, it’s rampant,” Bolling shot back.
Co-host Dana Perino pointed out that date rape is a particularly big problem for women in college.
“Date rape, yeah that’s one thing…but you gonna take a gun out and shoot your date?” Beckel asked.
“Maybe you should,” co-host Greg Gutfeld remarked.
Co-host Kimberly Guilfoyle was more definitive. She said “If your date is a rapist, you shoot them.” Watch the segment via Fox News below:
Beckel has apologized for the remarks. Via Politico:
“It’s a horrible, horrendous issue. Simply put, rape is rape. Whether it’s date rape or it’s somebody coming in off the campus trying to rape somebody else. I very strongly feel that way,” Beckel said on Fox’s ‘The Five.’ “So, I just want to straighten the record out on that. I simply was trying to make — there was not a distinction to make here. It simply was that date rape is rape, and that is, by any other definition, rape is rape.”
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 442 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 398 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 341 Comments
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 316 Comments
- This Could Be the Most Haunting Statistic You’ll Ever See 268 Comments
- Priest Gunned Down by Italian Mobsters Now Beatified Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 166 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 102 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich 101 Comments
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 121 Comments
- ‘My Life Is Full of Blessings’: Flesh-Eating Bacteria Victim Who Lost All Limbs Smiles as She Shows Off New Bionic Hands Read More
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California 126 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- Blackhawks beat Red Wings 4-1 to stay alive
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; 200-plus rescued
- Umpire expresses regret on botched call
- Protesters across globe rally against Monsanto
- Ore. teen accused of planning to attack school
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued
- Rescuers look for pilot in deadly NY Angel Flight
- Suspected rebels kill 17, wound 24 in east India