Does the Left Ignore a Woman’s Choice When It Comes to Gun Rights?
As Democrats have pushed for tougher gun laws after a string of well publicized shootings last year, several overzealous lawmakers have made news. Vice President Joe Biden is facing some negative press and pressure from the left for being inconsistent with the administration’s gun control message by encouraging viewers during an interview with Parents Magazine to buy a shotgun to protect themselves rather than an assault rifle.
Biden explained how he told his wife to go out on the balcony with their double barreled Remington if there were ever trouble at home when he was not there. In Colorado, a state Democratic lawmaker is in hot water for claiming a woman wouldn’t need a gun to protect herself from rape because “you don’t know if you feel like you’re gonna be raped.”
These comments have drawn criticism from conservatives that consider it hypocritical for Democrats who exclaim the existence of a GOP “War on Women,” to then dictate how women should defend themselves. S.E. Cupp writes on TheBlaze contributor page:
What no one’s asking is, Why is it okay for men to tell women how to defend themselves?
Biden is hardly alone in this. Obviously there are hundreds of men in Congress and thousands in state legislatures who regularly craft laws on women’s self-defense issues, and many of them, I’m sure, do so from an earnest and compassionate place.
But doesn’t the “my body, my choice” mantra on the left cover my ability to save my body from rape and death? Or is it only my body and my choice when I’ve created another person, with another person?
On ‘Real News‘ Wednesday the panel discussed the left’s willingness to vilify the right for a patriarchal approach toward women in the context of healthcare and abortion rights, while at the same fighting for their right to tell women what to do when it comes to the protections of the Second Amendment.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 484 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 471 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 462 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 356 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 327 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ Read More
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 118 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Matt Drudge calls MSNBC host ‘squirrely’…
- Emails suggest Treasury delayed alerting Congress to Tea Party targeting scheme
- Karl Rove advises GOP not to threaten impeachment
- Gang of 8 needs to fix massive Obamacare loophole with immigration bill
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- UN: 22 deaths worldwide from coronavirus
- Togo police fire tear gas at protesters
- McQuaid: Panel to study UCI-Armstrong 'collusion'
- Jewelry stolen a 2nd time during Cannes festival
- Russian court denies Pussy Riot's Alekhina parole
- Czech police seek US man suspected of 4 murders
- Jerry Lewis repeats his distaste for female comics