Mitt Romney to Speak at CPAC 2013
Mitt Romney will speak at the Conservative Political Action Conference next month in his first public appearance since the November election, organizers confirmed to TheBlaze.
“The thousands gathered at CPAC this year are eager to hear from the former 2012 GOP presidential candidate at his first public appearance since the elections,” American Conservative Union chairman Al Cardenas said in a statement. “We look forward to hearing Governor Romney’s comments on the current state of affairs in America and the world, and his perspective on the future of the conservative movement.”
The three-day conference will be held near Washington, D.C. March 14-16. Romney will speak on Friday, March 15.
“I look forward to saying thank you to the many friends and supporters who were instrumental in helping my campaign,” Romney said in a statement.
Other confirmed CPAC speakers include former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio.
News of Romney’s appearance was first reported by National Review.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 514 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 256 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- Oil falls below $93 as China manufacturing weakens
- Crane accident cuts power to one-third of Vietnam
- IMF head Lagarde in court in fraud probe
- Simultaneous car bomb attacks in Niger
- Man shot by FBI had spoken with bombing suspect
- 5 dead in Lebanon clash of Assad foes, backers
- Japan stocks dive as benchmark bond yield spikes
- Malaysian charged with sedition, 3 more arrested