Ohio Poll Worker Who Admitted to Voting for Obama Twice May Have Actually Cast a Total of 6 Ballots
The Ohio woman who cheerily admitted to voting twice for President Barack Obama, is under investigation into whether she cast a whopping total of six ballots.
Melowese Richardson of Madisonville, Ohio admitted to Cincinnati’s WCPO-TV earlier this month that she mailed in an absentee ballot, but also cast her vote at the polls because she feared it wouldn’t be counted. She said she did it to “fight” for “Mr. Obama’s right to sit as president of the United States.”
“Yes I voted twice,” Richardson, a longtime poll worker, told WCPO. “I, after registering thousands and thousands of people, certainly wanted my vote to count, so I voted. I voted at the polls.”
She told the station she had “absolutely no intent” to commit voter fraud — even though she also admitted to sending in her granddaughter’s ballot, and that three other ballots, all received at the same time and containing similar handwriting, came from her home as well.
“It appears she not only attempted to vote more than once, but was actually successful at it and having those additional votes counted,” Ohio Secretary of State John Husted, who runs the state’s elections, told Fox News. “She appears to have used her position as a poll worker to cover her tracks. That would be someone who is an official in the elections process, using that position to commit a fraud.”
Richardson defended the other ballots sent from her house, telling WCPO some of those voters — Montez Richardson, Joseph Jones and Markus Barron — actually live in her home and that they were all legal votes.
“Markus Barron lives here. Joseph Jones is my brother. He’s here from time-to-time. I am Montez’s power-of-attorney. I voted for her in her absence,” she said.
Efforts by TheBlaze to contact Richardson were unsuccessful.
Hers is one of 19 cases of possible voter fraud in Hamilton County in the last election.
“When I find issues like this, I know that it undermines voter confidence in our elections, and we must pursue it,” Husted said.
See WCPO’s original report below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 484 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 471 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 462 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 356 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 327 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ Read More
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 118 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- UN: 22 deaths worldwide from coronavirus
- Togo police fire tear gas at protesters
- McQuaid: Panel to study UCI-Armstrong 'collusion'
- Jewelry stolen a 2nd time during Cannes festival
- Russian court denies Pussy Riot's Alekhina parole
- Czech police seek US man suspected of 4 murders
- Jerry Lewis repeats his distaste for female comics