TSA Regrets ‘Inaccurate Guidance’ Given to Family of Wheelchair-Bound 3-Year-Old Threatened With Pat-Down
The Transportation Security Administration has issued an apology to the Missouri family that said their 3-year-old, wheelchair-bound daughter was detained and threatened with a pat-down and that they were ordered not to record it.
A TSA spokesman told Fox News the Forck family was given “inaccurate guidance” during a trip through Lambert-St. Louis International Airport on their way to Disney World earlier this month.
“TSA regrets inaccurate guidance was provided to this family during screening and offers its apology,” a TSA spokesman said.
It happened Feb. 9 when Lucy Forck, who has spina bifida and uses a wheelchair, was pulled aside for additional screening. TSA officers told parents Nathan and Annie that they would need to give Lucy a pat-down and swab her wheelchair. When Annie Forck began videotaping what was happening, she was told by an officer that recording was “illegal.” Forck’s footage, posted to YouTube, shows Lucy in tears after the TSA took away her stuffed animal.
“They specifically told me that they were singling her out for this special treatment because she’s in a wheelchair,” Nathan Forck told Fox. “They are specifically singling out disabled people for this special scrutiny. It’s rather offensive to me as a father of a disabled child.”
The agency told Fox that the St. Louis officers acted inappropriately and that passengers are permitted to film TSA procedures provided it doesn’t interfere with the screening process.
Additionally, while Lucy was not ultimately patted down, the agency said the family should never have been told it was going to happen.
“We are committed to maintaining the security of the traveling public and strive to treat all passengers with dignity and respect,” the TSA told Fox. “While no pat-down was performed, we will address specific concerns with our workforce.”
- TSA Reportedly Detains Wheelchair-Bound 3-Year-Old Girl, Orders Parents Not to Videotape Pat-Down
- ‘You’re Going to Do This to Her?’: Wheelchair-Bound Child Sobs as TSA Detains Her for Nearly 1 Hour — Then Released With No Explanation
- TSA Regrets ‘Accidental’ Breast Exposure of Congressman’s 17-Year-Old Niece During Pat-Down
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 478 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 418 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 367 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 330 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 295 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 105 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 210 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 166 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 146 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 111 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- UK PM: London attack near barracks could be terror
- Twitter adds security measure to logins
- Am. Samoa to keep flier miles for govt travelers
- Float driver says train seemed still before crash
- ND ad agency sues creators of Cartoon Network show
- Boy achieves family dream with geography bee win
- Others who took the 5th: McGwire, Abramoff, North
- UK PM: London attack terror could be terror