Police: 58-Year-Old Man Spanked 29-Year-Old Male Tenant’s Bare Butt Over Late Rent Payments
Police say a 53-year-old Ohio landlord whipped a 29-year-old tenant’s bare butt with a belt because the tenant had fallen behind (pun intended) on his rent.
“Ron Kronenberger, 53, is charged with assault. He owns Hometown Market in Waynesville. The incident allegedly happened in the back office of the store last month,” an ABC affiliate in Ohio reports.
“Kronenberger is also a landlord. His tenant came in and didn’t have the rent. So Kronenberger reportedly spanked him,” the report adds.
“I’ve known him for 30 years and this is totally out of character for him. He’s a fine man,” a friend of Kronenberger told the ABC affiliate.
The tenant owed $2,800 in back rent, according to Waynesville police.
“If you’re going to act like a child I’m going to treat you like one,” Kronenberger allegedly told the 29-year-old man (we can’t stress the tenant’s age enough).
This is where it gets just really, really weird.
According to the report, “Mr. Kronenberger spanked the tenant four times on the rear with his belt. … (The tenant) stated he was scared and just wanted to get it over with.”
“The victim told police he complied with Kronenberger’s demands and bent over, placing his hands on a chair,” the report adds.
Police say the spanking left “little marks on the unnamed tenant’s tush.
Again, for emphasis, they say it was a bare-butt spanking, so — um? Huh.
“A former president of the local Chamber of Commerce, Kronenberger was named Waynesville’s Citizen of the Year in 2006, according to the Dayton Daily News.
Well, this is all very, very strange.
Kronenberger is due in court today for the Jan. 22 incident.
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
(H/T: Gawker). Featured image ABC 22.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 586 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 520 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 388 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 336 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 320 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 270 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 151 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NY
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- Granderson hurt as Yankees beat Rays 9-4
- Sanchez loses no-hit bid in 9th, Tigers beat Twins