Snow Plow Driver ‘Dogg’ Fired After Posting Video of Himself Burying Parked Cars After Blizzard
A Massachusetts snow plow driver was fired after he posted video online of himself gleefully burying parked cars in the snow.
The driver, who goes by “Dogg,” told WBZ-TV he lost his job as a contractor for the city of Lowell, Mass. Friday after his video went viral and was shown on the local news.
He said he shot the footage through his windshield earlier this month when Lowell was digging out from under a blizzard.
“At the end of the storm, I was already up for about 22 hours plowing and I decided to make a video of my favorite part of the day, which is when you push the snow banks back to the curbs,” he told radio hosts on WZLX Friday morning before he was terminated, according to WBZ.
He added that it’s “also the part of the day that the people shoveling their driveways absolutely want to kill me.”
In the video, Dogg whoops and laughs as he navigates the plow through the streets. Approaching one parked car, he says “now you see it…” before completely obliterating it with snow.
He said he was just doing his job to clear the streets.
“I have to push the snow back from curb to curb, so two fire trucks or a fire truck and an ambulance can pass each other on the road,” he told WZLX.
He asked WBZ, “If I can get some kind of enjoyment out of it, why not?”
Lowell City Manager Bernie Lynch didn’t see it that way, telling the station that he was appalled by Dogg’s video and that it was unprofessional.
“The words stupid, moronic – those certainly apply. It was truly just a bad reflection on the hard work that so many people do,” Lynch said.
Dogg wouldn’t talk on camera after he was fired, but said he was very remorseful and didn’t blame his boss for letting him go.
It might not be the end of the line for Dogg: he told WBZ he’s fielded several phone calls from television producers who said he’d make a good reality show star.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 442 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 398 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 343 Comments
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 316 Comments
- This Could Be the Most Haunting Statistic You’ll Ever See 269 Comments
- Priest Gunned Down by Italian Mobsters Now Beatified Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 167 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 102 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich 101 Comments
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 121 Comments
- ‘My Life Is Full of Blessings’: Flesh-Eating Bacteria Victim Who Lost All Limbs Smiles as She Shows Off New Bionic Hands Read More
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California 126 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- Blackhawks beat Red Wings 4-1 to stay alive
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; 200-plus rescued
- Umpire expresses regret on botched call
- Protesters across globe rally against Monsanto
- Ore. teen accused of planning to attack school
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued
- Rescuers look for pilot in deadly NY Angel Flight
- Suspected rebels kill 17, wound 24 in east India