Check Out How Iranian Media Photoshopped Michelle Obama’s Oscar Dress
Iranian media was predictably upset that “Argo,” a film about the Iranian hostage crisis in 1979, won the Oscar for best picture at the Academy Awards Sunday. But there was one other thing they apparently didn’t like.
Michelle Obama’s outfit.
To be more accurate, they seem to have digitally altered her dress to make it seem more appropriate in the eyes of the fanatical Iranian leadership.
The Fars News Agency, which is affiliated with the Iranian government to an unknown degree, modified the image from this:
Iranian officials on Monday dismissed “Argo” as anti-Iranian propaganda for the Central Intelligence Agency, adding that it’s “not valuable [from] an artistic point of view” and won only by “resorting to extended advertisement and investment.”
They cited Michelle Obama’s presentation as proof that the film’s victory was politically motivated, adding that it was “produced by the Zionist company Warner Bros.”
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 846 Comments
- White House: ‘Irrelevant Fact’ Where Obama Was During Benghazi 348 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 277 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 242 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 237 Comments
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 166 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- Did Christian Prayers at Gov’t Meetings in This NY Town Violate the Constitution? 179 Comments
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 183 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 139 Comments
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner
- Sprint to listen to Dish offer
- Does France have right plan to revive its economy?
- Charismatic Las Vegas mob lawyer mayor pens memoir
- Oil price falls toward $96 per barrel
- Housing recovery gives boost to Home Depot 1Q
- Tunisia announces 3 cases of coronavirus, 1 death
- More attacks across Iraq kill 7 people
- Syria, Israel exchange fire over border